HELP!! HP advice before a tune. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-18-2011, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

HELP!! HP advice before a tune.

Iím getting a tune in a few weeks and I want to add as many bolt onís to improve HP as I can before then. Any advice will be appreciated and considered. If someone knows of a good or great tune shop near St Louis MO let me know. Iím not a mail order tune guy. Mail order bride guy maybe, but not with something as serious as tuning my Camaro.

Here are the modís Iíve made so far, American Racing Headers, Borla S exhaust, strong MAF and a Cold Air Inductions CAI. The VMAX throttle body is my next buy if I can find one.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-18-2011, 05:35 AM

Sounds like you are ready for your tune. Unless you want to add that Supercharger first.

JANUARY 2012 MODERN CAMARO MEMBER OF THE MONTH
JUNE 2012 CAMARONEWS.COM CAR OF THE MONTH
http://5thgencarolinacamaros.webs.com/
post #3 of 8 Old 09-18-2011, 06:42 AM
Premium Member

Garage
LS9

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-18-2011, 08:15 AM

It looks like you are all set to go. You will will really like what the tune will do for you. Like a whole different car. Let us know what your final numbers are please. I have the same mods minus the MAF and plus solid core plug wires. I love having the AFM turned off, no more drone. Make sure they turn off the rear O2 sensors or you will get a CEL.

2SS/RS L99 A6, RotoFab CAI, Kooks LT headers w/High Flow cats, Borla CAT back, Heritage grill, SmartMirror, ABL lighting, drilled and slotted rotors w/Hawk pads, 400 watt amp.

Life is too short to drive an ugly car.
I bought mine from Camaro Scotty!
post #5 of 8 Old 09-18-2011, 08:49 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Camaro tuner in Tampa

you pretty much have the bolt ons covered. A catch can from SC2150 cant hurt.

Check out your car on our facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/tampa.tuning

Tampa Tuning: [email protected]
post #6 of 8 Old 09-18-2011, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
you pretty much have the bolt ons covered. A catch can from SC2150 cant hurt.
Iím new to the catch can thing, but I have seen the gunk in another car I had and definitely donít want it in this on.

A member sent me PM suggesting a 160 degree thermostat. I didnít think of that, I donít know what all the benefits are but I will try it. Sometimes it the little tricks that add up to a lot of results. Keepíem coming.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-18-2011, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dconradt View Post
It looks like you are all set to go. You will will really like what the tune will do for you. Like a whole different car. Let us know what your final numbers are please. I have the same mods minus the MAF and plus solid core plug wires. I love having the AFM turned off, no more drone. Make sure they turn off the rear O2 sensors or you will get a CEL.

I didn’t have the O2 sensor info, Thanks. Help me understand the solid core plug wires?

Die AFM Die, that sound has to be from a private torture chamber in Hell.

Last edited by BubbaHD; 09-18-2011 at 05:04 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-21-2011, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

I bought the VMAX TB today. I ordered it striaght from the guy who makes it. His name is Pete at VMAX motorsports and his number is (813)-469-4665. I couldnt find one anywhere else. He's a nice guy but a little overweld right now. I guess everybody has to have one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page