Ted Jannetty ... every bit as brilliant as everyone says! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 03-05-2012, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Ted Jannetty ... every bit as brilliant as everyone says!

Well I finally did what I should have done months ago ... Bought a SCT-X3 from Jannetty Racing and let Ted work his tuning magic on my Whipple'd LS3.

The man is a genius! He had me log the car then methodically worked through the process; identifying issues like very minor vacuum leaks, explaining how to fault-find and fix them, then re-logging and adjusting the tune as we went along.

I've been playing around with cars for over 30 years and I have met quite few clever mechanics and tuners ... but never anyone who has the attention to detail and knowledge that Ted does.

He is also such a friendly guy to work with, always happy to explain things a little more when I didn't understand.

This has made such a difference to the drive-ability of my car; it idles nicely, gets better mileage, doesn't cough and fart through the exhaust on deceleration any more, it doesn't smell like like gas, goes much harder.

And best of all, I have the peace of mind in knowing that it's been tuned by the best ... so that when I do put my foot down, I know it's not going to lean out and fry pistons.

If you are thinking about getting someone to tune your car all I can say is this; Read all of the rave reviews on the forums like I did, then trust your instincts and do not have any hesitation in getting Ted to do it remotely.

If you have any sort of computer knowledge, he will walk you through the process step by step. It will be as methodical and accurate as if he were sitting right there in the car with you. If there are any issues, he will explain how to identify them and fix them.

I cannot recommend Ted's work highly enough! The word legend comes to mind! Thanks Ted!

782.5rwhp 680 rwtq 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS, STRUT 22" Icon5 Rims & Grille Kit, Mahle Pistons, Manley Rods, Custom Comp Cam, ARP Bolts, Melling HV Oil Pump, Whipple SC, 3.5" Pulley, 8 Rib Pulley Kit, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Balancer, LT Headers, Borla 3" Exhaust, ADM Fuel Pump, 80lb/hr FIC Billet Tip Injectors, RX Monster Catch Can, CAI Intake, ADM Race Scoop, Mantic 9000 Series Clutch, Hurst Shifter, Eibach Springs. Motor built by PFAFF Engines. Fitted & tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-06-2012, 04:50 PM
ユキヒョウ

I've been touting Ted Jannetty ever since his knowledge/testing helped me make the decisions to get the mod's I purchased, and then got a JRE tune once everything was installed. Ted is aces in my book

2019 1SS/1LE
post #3 of 17 Old 03-07-2012, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill @ CAI Inc View Post
Ted and his crew do excellent work, and they were one of the first Authorized Cold Air Inductions Inc. dealers to come on board! Glad you are happy with their services, and thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc. for your intake!
You're welcome Bill ... It was Ted's comparison that made me go for CAI ...
The fact that it was the best performing AND by far the best looking intake made it a no-brainer for me!

I get as many comments at shows and cruises on how good the CAI looks and how well constructed it is, as I do the gorgeous looking polished Whipple.

782.5rwhp 680 rwtq 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS, STRUT 22" Icon5 Rims & Grille Kit, Mahle Pistons, Manley Rods, Custom Comp Cam, ARP Bolts, Melling HV Oil Pump, Whipple SC, 3.5" Pulley, 8 Rib Pulley Kit, Innovators West 10% Overdrive Balancer, LT Headers, Borla 3" Exhaust, ADM Fuel Pump, 80lb/hr FIC Billet Tip Injectors, RX Monster Catch Can, CAI Intake, ADM Race Scoop, Mantic 9000 Series Clutch, Hurst Shifter, Eibach Springs. Motor built by PFAFF Engines. Fitted & tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.

post #4 of 17 Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 AM

LMAO! Ask Ted about the 454 he blew the crap out of then then tried to blame GM for it. Ask ahout the rockers his shop rebuilt only to have the rocker spit the bearings out and again tried to blame Comp for it this time. From what I have seen when something goes wrong he blames anyone but himself. then of course his take on spark plugs goes against all the spark plug MFG's recommendations as well as thousands of builders and tuners.
I would not bring my car there. Seen to much in the way of bad and to be honest he seems to be new when it comes to the LSx series of engines. The LSX454 was a perfect example of his lack of proper experience. No one and I mean no one would have done that.. except someone who didnt have a clue. He jumped on the 2010 Camaro for the money maker that it is and is learning alone the way.

There are better more qualified tuners out there

Fixing the LSx world one misconception at a time

Last edited by CC Performance Parts; 03-08-2012 at 09:24 AM.
post #5 of 17 Old 03-08-2012, 10:37 AM

Garage
Last I heard he had 2 of the fastest camaro's

2010 Fastest Camaro
post #6 of 17 Old 03-08-2012, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance Parts View Post
LMAO! Ask Ted about the 454 he blew the crap out of then then tried to blame GM for it. Ask ahout the rockers his shop rebuilt only to have the rocker spit the bearings out and again tried to blame Comp for it this time. From what I have seen when something goes wrong he blames anyone but himself. then of course his take on spark plugs goes against all the spark plug MFG's recommendations as well as thousands of builders and tuners.
I would not bring my car there. Seen to much in the way of bad and to be honest he seems to be new when it comes to the LSx series of engines. The LSX454 was a perfect example of his lack of proper experience. No one and I mean no one would have done that.. except someone who didnt have a clue. He jumped on the 2010 Camaro for the money maker that it is and is learning alone the way.

One thing he doesn't do is speak badly of others in forums.

My experience was nothing but excellent and I will continue to recommend him to others.

post #7 of 17 Old 03-08-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance Parts View Post

Ted has always taken time with my concerns, has given insightful knowledge and sent me a tune that made my cars mods come together. As for your rant I never take anyone serious who badmouths people.

2011 Black 1SS LS3 [email protected] bone stock
1993 Reef blue 5.0 mustang coupe [email protected]
1998 Laguna blue EC Z71 Silverado
2011 Deep blue Camry LE
post #8 of 17 Old 03-08-2012, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennster View Post
Ted has always taken time with my concerns, has given insightful knowledge and sent me a tune that made my cars mods come together. As for your rant I never take anyone serious who badmouths people.

post #9 of 17 Old 03-09-2012, 11:25 AM

I could care less what you think about me or my rant. the information is on c5 if you want to take the time to do some research.. Unless tran edited it out.
Truth is what it is.. the guy has made some rookie mistakes when it comes to the LSx platform. I don't care what his personality is or if he burped you as a baby, I would look to someone else. The simple fact that he refused to take responsibility for the mistakes he or his shop made. That should tell you all you need to know. He told me in a pm everyone makes mistakes but he blamed GM and then Comp for stuff that was his fault.

what you do with the information is up to you... I don't service cars or tune them, he and I have no competition... I just tell the truth when I know that facts.. The facts are on C5 unless they have been edited out the way ls1tech edits threads to keep vendors from not looking bad. I'd be open for a liable suit if I was lying about this crap, but I am not. Facts are what they are. The thread was the talk of C5 for a while.... they tried to be coy about asking the opinion of people on the 454 and the LSx block and core shift.... 100% end user at fualt... and that was Ted.... took a crate 454 bosted it , blew it up and then blamed GM. Those are the facts.

And yes Simon Ted has had a few bad things to say in forums as well... he didnt like being told it was his fault and doesnt like to admit he is wrong... You simple lack of experience leads you to believe you discovered sliced bread ...LOL

Now there are other tuners who call his work ****ty when tuning but I dont have any experience with that so I wont/didnt comment on it.. but I did have one customer we sent to someone else after being at his shop and he was very satisfied with the new tune over the old one.
slowhawk in mass knows more about his tunning skills than I do ... So I dont speak of stuff i dont have direct experience with ... the engine and rockers I was there for

Fixing the LSx world one misconception at a time

Last edited by CC Performance Parts; 03-09-2012 at 11:36 AM.
post #10 of 17 Old 03-09-2012, 12:07 PM

I would say if your not gonna provide that info to people...PM from Ted..being there for blow up..Id say for many (if they really care what your saying),,are gonna want you to back it up... so be aware...other wise..

Ive spoken to Ted..Nice guy..

far as I have gone with that

But didnt you have some c5 issue s yourself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page