vararam intake - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-27-2012, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

vararam intake

is the vararam intake as good as it looks like that it could be ? or is it a rain catcher for your motor? it seems like it would be an awesome intake, but i also dont seem to hear many people running them or talking about them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-28-2012, 12:53 AM

Jannetty Racing did a big comparison.........Veraram would not participate for whatever reason. Here are the results.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...ZNVI5aVE&hl=en

2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6, Black leather, Sun roof, OBX Headers, Halltech cai, Mike Norris tuned.

Avenging Orange, 34 years of not buying into the hype!
post #3 of 10 Old 03-28-2012, 08:44 AM

Chuck, the tuner at Corvettes of Westchester, is big on the Camaro version of the Vararam.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-28-2012, 09:15 AM

The Jannetty Racing comparison is great, but Vararam was not included in that test because their new unit (the "super street") was not out yet. I heard they were having problems with their original design which they discovered was the result of different styles of MAF sensor factory installed on the Camaros (they mention this on their website).

I have installed the Vararam on my Camaro and just got through the break in period. I must say that I like it. It looks good, it sounds better and the seat of the pants felt a slight improvement. The install was kind of a pain in comparisons to some of the other units, but overall not that bad.

I bought it because they've been around the LS motors for a while and do lots of work with corvettes. I've had no problems with it sucking up water. If you think about it, the only way you should get water there is with really heavy rain or a by washing it. I've driven it in rain and washed (spraying the hose right on the grille) with no issue.

I noticed the same thing about few people on this site having them installed, but when google searching for some installation questions I found that lots of people on "the other forum" have installed them with overall positive reviews.

2011 Synergy Green Metallic 1SS Camaro:
RS Package, White Ralley Stripes, Premium Sound.
Mods; Flowmaster Exhaust, Vararam CAI, Pfadt Sport Suspension, Budnik "Ice" Wheels, Nitto Invo tires
Upcoming Mods; Custom grill and badging.
post #5 of 10 Old 03-30-2012, 08:40 PM

If you read the test results linked, you will see the New Era over the radiator intake. It is similar in design and function. Read the results, this style intake resulted in the highest average gain in torque. This is power you will feel in the seat of your pants.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-31-2012, 12:38 AM

We have had amazing success with them and many of our customers absolutely love it and we have amazing prices on them which help even more.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-03-2012, 02:01 PM

We have installed quiet a few Vararams we think they are a quality product
post #8 of 10 Old 04-30-2012, 11:13 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

The Vararam system will provide the best oppertunity to introduce "cold" air into your motor. It capture the air from in front of your car outside of the engine bay. The dyno numbers are average, but at driving speeds, it would be the best CAI..

Most other CAI I tune, I have to fight with the Air Intake Temperture tables because they breath in air from within the engine bay and it builds so quickly when your stopped at a light.

I dont sell parts. I just tune and tell it like it is.

Phil

Tampa Tuning

Check out your car on our facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/tampa.tuning

Tampa Tuning: [email protected]
post #9 of 10 Old 06-18-2012, 11:24 PM

just installed mine today, and only 40 miles into the computer learning phase but I can tell that the vararam unit is cooler then the rest of the engine after driving. being I am not tuned and stock the only thing that I expect is to lose the sluggish performance on hot day with a hot engine. Based on this I think I will get what I want out of this product. I learn a long time ago about boosting horse power without beefing up the rest of the drive-train, so the stock power is enough for me. I am thinking about handling mods for future projects.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-25-2012, 09:59 PM

got the 100 mile mark and there is noticeable performance improvement. it does remove the hot summer day driving around town sluggishness so I'm happy with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page