Tuner and Tuning - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-29-2012, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Tuner and Tuning

Hey Guys this is my first post and have a few questions. Been a Ford guy my whole life but have many GM buddies. I own a 2012 Shelby GT 500 and Just purchased a 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th anv. Love the car so far but have to admit it is a dog from the factory. I have a Airaid cold air intake coming on Monday and want to talk to you all about a tune and tuner. I know on the Fords it makes a world of difference in performance and throttle response with just a tune and Intake. Who do you all recommend I contact for at least to start with a Mail type tune? In the furture I will go as far as headers, exhaust, cam and a few other add ons. Any Info would be great, Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-29-2012, 06:59 AM
ユキヒョウ

1st of Congrats & Welcome
While the Airaid will help it breathe a little better, you won't need a tune with just a cold air intake. I'd wait until you get your future parts installed, mainly the headers & cam.

2019 1SS/1LE
post #3 of 8 Old 04-29-2012, 10:04 AM

more air in, more air out. do the tune after you finish the exhaust.

post #4 of 8 Old 04-29-2012, 11:04 AM
Premium Member

Garage
A car running high 12s from the factory is a dog?
Yeah......right.

I think you'd better give Bugatti a call.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-30-2012, 12:50 AM

Greyhounds can keep up with the fastest of horses, including Mustangs.. So, I guess havin a dog ain't that bad??? Lol
post #6 of 8 Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offduty View Post
Just purchased a 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th anv. Love the car so far but have to admit it is a dog from the factory. Who do you all recommend I contact for at least to start with a Mail type tune? In the furture I will go as far as headers, exhaust, cam and a few other add ons. Any Info would be great, Thanks
A dog huh? Well I guess it is all relative. Your GT500 would be a dog to any other higher HP car....

As far as remote tuning, if you do some research you will find Ted @ Jannetty Racing to be a well known tuner in that arena. he even has a program where if you purchase your future upgrades (headers, cam etc) from him he will re-tune for free...

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #7 of 8 Old 04-30-2012, 11:01 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Tampa tuner for Corvette Camaro GTO Trams Am and GM Trucks

I convert my best dyno and street tunes to my Mail order tunes.

Most of the Mail order tunes Ive seen, just reduce torque management and add a little pressure to the tranny lines. Guys dont know how little was done for the big money they spend. Or they load it with fuel to knock down the Retard. Ethically, I cant do that to a car and say the car is tuned. That's just me.

With my mail order tune, Im going to convert a car with similar modifications as yours, to your configuration for very good results.

You'll need access to HP Tuners for the best results.

Thanks
Phil
Tampa Tuning

Check out your car on our facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/tampa.tuning

Tampa Tuning: [email protected]
post #8 of 8 Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 AM

Contact Chuck at Corvettes of Westchester. He knows his stuff. He tuned my C6 Vette and my 2012 SS.

My SS has an Airaid intake and no other mods. Chuck tunes your car using the EFI Live Auto Cal. After installing the initial tune, you put the Auto Cal into data logging mode. After e-mailing the logged data to Chuck, he'll analyze it, adjust the tune, and e-mail the tweaked tune to you. This process is repeated until he thinks it's where it should be. He'll service the tune for life. As you make further mods, he'll tweak the tune.

He was recently at the C5/C6 Bash at the Corvette Museum. I contacted him about tweaking my tune and he worked me in. He was very busy, but took several hours fine-tuning my car. When he's tuning at an event such as this, he uses an exhaust sniffer to further refine the tune.

My car starts better, runs better, and the tranny behaves a lot better. (It's an auto.) I intend to put a cat-back system on it next year. Once I do, Chuck will adjust the tune for it.

Corvettes of Westchester

I agree that the car needs to breathe better. It was obvious to me while he was working on my car's tune that it would greatly benefit from the addition of free-flowing exhaust.

Last edited by BluegraSS; 05-02-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page