GM Performance Exhaust vs GM Track exhaust - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-04-2012, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

GM Performance Exhaust vs GM Track exhaust

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a little advice. I'm considering upgrading my stock exhaust to a GM Performance exhaust to give me a little more rumble.

I love the way the car sounds at start-up but then it quickly gets docile. I know there are lots of choices out there, Borla, flowmaster etc. But I like the idea of keeping it all GM.

Has anyone got the GM performance exhaust or the GM performance Track/off road exhaust? I'd like to hear the advantages and disadvantages of each.

I wonder if I should go with the off road version for street use, or is it just too loud to cruise around suburbia?

Thoughts from those who have gone either route would be appreciated.

2012, 2 SS 45th Anniversary Edition Convertible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-04-2012, 01:14 PM
See You On Course

I did a muffler delete. It's a quick and cheap option, but if you don't like deceleration pop, it's not for you. But the sound is awesome. I know you didn't ask about this, but I just wanted to show you it's an option.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #3 of 11 Old 06-05-2012, 06:43 PM

I have the GM Performance parts axle back on my car and it sounds pretty good under a load. I've had a few people tell me that it sounds good when accelerating. It's a little more rumbly at idle over stock but definitely not as rumbly as the other aftermarket exhausts. There is a slight audible "popping" noise under deceleration though that you can hear but it's not loud or obnoxious or anything. Just audible. Doesn't sound like a back fire or anything just a little "popping" sound. I guess for lack of a better description it actually sounds similar to the sound of microwave popcorn popping.

I've actually been thinking about selling mine and it's only got 4500 miles on it. Nothing wrong with it, I've just been thinking about going to the Flowmaster American Thunder axle back for a little deeper more aggressive tone. Since I have a 4th gen with long tube headers and a cut out my 5th gen sounds pretty quiet comparably speaking. If you are serious about wanting the GM performance parts axle back I could probably sell you mine at a much better deal than a brand new one. Mine is the street use version not the offroad version.

Nick.

post #4 of 11 Old 06-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Veteran Member

I have the GMP exhaust. It sounds nice but I want a little more noise out of it. I am probably gonna go with a Flowmaster cat-back exhaust. Mainly because all the other companies are charging over $1,000 for their systems. That's too much money for the little power gains to be had.
post #5 of 11 Old 06-14-2012, 03:56 PM
See You On Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
I have the GMP exhaust. It sounds nice but I want a little more noise out of it. I am probably gonna go with a Flowmaster cat-back exhaust. Mainly because all the other companies are charging over $1,000 for their systems. That's too much money for the little power gains to be had.
I totally agree. I was shocked when I saw the costs of even just the axle back systems. They were more than a full catback on my WRX. So it was muff delete for me.

2010 Stock IBM 2SS/RS

I found $80 in my jeans pocket. The kid in me said "buy nerf guns and candy!" But then the adult in me said "buy vodka, nerf guns and candy!"

post #6 of 11 Old 06-14-2012, 04:23 PM
ユキヒョウ

Best kept secret is Solo-Performance. Excellent sound, quality and best of all affordable.

2019 1SS/1LE
post #7 of 11 Old 06-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Banned

Corsa exhaust is something you might love.

Corsa Cat Back Exhaust (2010 Camaro SS w/Manual Transmission)
post #8 of 11 Old 05-19-2013, 04:28 AM

Exhaust upgrade

Hi, this is the first time for me on any forum, so sorry if i am doing it wrong, but you asked the same question about the GM upgrade / track use exhaust as i was going to ask. Did you get any relevant responses?
Many thanks. Simon - owner of one of only two official 45th models in the UK
post #9 of 11 Old 05-19-2013, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member

welcome to the site Simon ... people are pretty good about posting responses when they know something ... just watch the threads ... that's kool being one of two in the uk ... again welcome

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012

Last edited by 83Hokie; 05-19-2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: messed up sorry thought you started a new thread and you didnt
post #10 of 11 Old 05-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Veteran Member

Get a set of Texas Speed long tubes, toss the cats and the resonator and the muffler and call it a day. $500 for the LT and you get rid of a lot of weight.

2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS ZEX Wet Shot, Typhoon 63 series CAI, DR Formato Tuned
JULY 2013 M.O.M winner!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page