need power with out voiding warrantry - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 07-30-2012, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

need power with out voiding warrantry

ok, new here and i have found lots of help on the site..thanks
i want my 2011 2ss camaro convertible with a short shifter, to rip a new one on a friends 5.0 2011 mustang.he just talks so much bullcrap, anyhow i dont want to void my power train warranty, so heres what im thinking, and please correct my if im wrong.
dough thurly sortys
bassani full exhaust w high flow cats
3.92 gears or 4.11?( i know this will void my rearend)
light weight wheels and tires, just for the back for when we go to the track..what would be a good light weight wheel? also what size, im thinking 18 inch rim 10 inch wide wheel. also what brand drag radial?(i want to be able to drive it to track with the same wheels and tires)
i want to lower it a little with some nice springs, what brand would be nice?
vararam intake
and will a tuner void my warranty? even if i put it back to stock when i take it to the dealership?
and thats about it....please help.....thanks

Last edited by bada450r; 07-30-2012 at 01:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 07-30-2012, 01:09 AM
Veteran Member

You won't need all that to beat a Coyote. They were both running identical times (13.0) with all the professional testing I've seen. So it should come down to who the better driver is. BTW, I been dying to catch a Coyote (um, at the track of course...) out there to see what they can do in person.

But as far as mods are concerned you have to go with what you personally want. We could all say do this or do that based on what we would individually do, but it all comes down to what your plan is. And it looks like you've got a good idea for start-up mods. Just curious, have you raced him yet? What has he done to his car? And even if he did beat you at least your Camaro will draw way more looks than that hideous Mustang...

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #3 of 18 Old 07-30-2012, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
You won't need all that to beat a Coyote. They were both running identical times (13.0) with all the professional testing I've seen. So it should come down to who the better driver is. BTW, I been dying to catch a Coyote (um, at the track of course...) out there to see what they can do in person.

But as far as mods are concerned you have to go with what you personally want. We could all say do this or do that based on what we would individually do, but it all comes down to what your plan is. And it looks like you've got a good idea for start-up mods. Just curious, have you raced him yet? What has he done to his car? And even if he did beat you at least your Camaro will draw way more looks than that hideous Mustang...
thats right...my camaro is a nice machine indeed is black on black
his is stock with an intake, i have not raced, but he does run slicks when he runs.....i honestly think i can get this car alot quicker with out getting into the motor, and really not all to warried about the mustang, but i know that theres some fast mustangs, so i want to be able to represent and be able to say im stock...just looking for a nice set up...gears is whats kind has me on the fence.....i dont know if 3.92 will work or 4.11 are going to be the ticket...anyone that has 4.11 with stock wheels(20 inch in my case)whats your rpm at say cruising at 75?...thanks for any help

post #4 of 18 Old 07-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Lighten up the car. That'll help quite a bit.

Plus, you'll be able to say it's still stock.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #5 of 18 Old 07-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Support MC & Troops

to MC, please post on our new members thread so we can give you a warm welcome

Oh..my you have a vert... we wanna see.. plus don't forget to post on our vert color and count thread plz..

Any MODS you make will void your warranty.. taking parts off to reduce weight.. like patriotpa.. said will help.
Wait til your warranty expires then get what you want and do what you want.. its your Camaro
Hope that helps N'

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #6 of 18 Old 07-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada450r View Post
thats right...my camaro is a nice machine indeed is black on black
his is stock with an intake, i have not raced, but he does run slicks when he runs.....i honestly think i can get this car alot quicker with out getting into the motor, and really not all to warried about the mustang, but i know that theres some fast mustangs, so i want to be able to represent and be able to say im stock...just looking for a nice set up...gears is whats kind has me on the fence.....i dont know if 3.92 will work or 4.11 are going to be the ticket...anyone that has 4.11 with stock wheels(20 inch in my case)whats your rpm at say cruising at 75?...thanks for any help
It's kinda not fair if he's gonna race you with slicks on his car while you're running street tires. As far as cruising RPMs with gears, there should be a calculator online somewhere that will give you specific info pertaining to your car. Do a Google search and see what you come up with. If you wanna keep things even then I'd say do the basics...CAI, tune, P&P TB, etc. Doing the gears will require you to keep a tune on the car at all times and that kinda sucks. Plus most places charge about $500 for the install. So make sure you get the ratio you're gonna be happy with.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #7 of 18 Old 07-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Veteran Member

hi
ever watched this one?
2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible vs 2011 Ford Mustang GT Convertible - YouTube
depending on the number of modifications on the stang
and the ability of your rival
you should be prepared very well
even if your driving skills are far superior ...
here are my suggestions
reduce the weight to the max (the lower weight is the reason for the mustang winning in the vid) (and getting rid of weight does not void your warranty, you should even arrive with as little gas in the tank to run the quarter mile and just another yard...)
get the best gas you can get and make an overnight fusepull
post #8 of 18 Old 07-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Premium Member

Garage
If he's running slicks, you need the stickiest tires you can get, on the lightest wheels you can find, as well as getting rid of excess weight.

Empty the washer bottle, pop out the back seat, have no more than 1/8 to 1/4 tank of gas in it. Don't forget to remove the fix a flat and compressor.
A gallon of water is a little over 8 pounds, and a gallon of gas is just over 6 pounds.

You can shave off almost 105 pounds just in gasoline alone, if you run it down to 1/8 tank.
Another roughly 8 pounds for the washer bottle.
It all adds up.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #9 of 18 Old 07-30-2012, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Why would I need a tuner if I get gears? To calibrate my speedo?
I actually want to add all the stuff I added in my initial post...
I'll add pics when I get off work..thanks for the help...bye the way my buddy with the stang is opening up a shop and wants me to get all the work done thru him...hahahaha he must be an idiot after all the smack talk for him to think I'm going to give him my hard earned money....I think 3:90 gears are going to be what I get and I'm looking at some 19x10 wheels, don't know what size or brand drag radial...thanks for the input
post #10 of 18 Old 07-31-2012, 07:35 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

You can defiantly add one of our tuners and get a custom tune done for your modifactions to get the most out of the car. DiabloSport tuners do not leave a footprint our watermark so the dealer has no idea it was there, just make sure you return the car back to stock.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page