Texas Speed Long Tubes - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 163 Old 09-27-2012, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
MidnightSSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,595
 
Texas Speed Long Tubes

Anyone running them? dislike them? was originally going to do Kooks and i know there quality is great, but they are so expensive, just want to see if Texas speed ones are almost the same quality and fit just as good
MidnightSSS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 163 Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Veteran Member
 
Chapel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,690
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSSS View Post
Anyone running them? dislike them? was originally going to do Kooks and i know there quality is great, but they are so expensive, just want to see if Texas speed ones are almost the same quality and fit just as good
I haven't heard or read any complaints. I think they're going for around $725 for the 1-7/8 SS 304 headers with HF cats. TSP quality is just as good as Kooks if you ask me. In fact, I think all the header companies are offering similarly high quality items. To me, it really comes down to whether you're gonna pay x amount for this brand or x amount for that brand.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Chapel is offline  
post #3 of 163 Old 09-28-2012, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
MidnightSSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,595
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
I haven't heard or read any complaints. I think they're going for around $725 for the 1-7/8 SS 304 headers with HF cats. TSP quality is just as good as Kooks if you ask me. In fact, I think all the header companies are offering similarly high quality items. To me, it really comes down to whether you're gonna pay x amount for this brand or x amount for that brand.
Yea just dont want to rub or make noise under there thats why i ask, so i might do the TSPs then, looking to run no cats either so it will be cheaper
MidnightSSS is offline  
 
post #4 of 163 Old 09-29-2012, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
MidnightSSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,595
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
I haven't heard or read any complaints. I think they're going for around $725 for the 1-7/8 SS 304 headers with HF cats. TSP quality is just as good as Kooks if you ask me. In fact, I think all the header companies are offering similarly high quality items. To me, it really comes down to whether you're gonna pay x amount for this brand or x amount for that brand.
how long did ur install take?
MidnightSSS is offline  
post #5 of 163 Old 09-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Veteran Member
 
Chapel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,690
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSSS View Post
how long did ur install take?
I did it by myself in 6 hours. It was pretty easy and straight forward. You shouldn't get any rubbing or noises or anything like that.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Chapel is offline  
post #6 of 163 Old 09-29-2012, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
MidnightSSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,595
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
I did it by myself in 6 hours. It was pretty easy and straight forward. You shouldn't get any rubbing or noises or anything like that.
alright cool, i should be ordering them soon, thank u
MidnightSSS is offline  
post #7 of 163 Old 09-30-2012, 06:30 AM
ユキヒョウ
 
Nancygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,439
 
Just make sure they took care of their fitment issue that they had

2019 1SS/1LE
Nancygrl is offline  
post #8 of 163 Old 09-30-2012, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
MidnightSSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,595
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancygrl View Post
Just make sure they took care of their fitment issue that they had
how long ago was that?
MidnightSSS is offline  
post #9 of 163 Old 09-30-2012, 04:45 PM
ユキヒョウ
 
Nancygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,439
 
Early on, like over a yr ago. When I was looking to get headers I read that you had to take a socket to one of the down tubes to clear the steering shaft if you got a set that rubbed. I haven't kept up on it after getting my kooks headers, so don't know if they've fixed the issue or not.

2019 1SS/1LE
Nancygrl is offline  
post #10 of 163 Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
MidnightSSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,595
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancygrl View Post
Early on, like over a yr ago. When I was looking to get headers I read that you had to take a socket to one of the down tubes to clear the steering shaft if you got a set that rubbed. I haven't kept up on it after getting my kooks headers, so don't know if they've fixed the issue or not.
Thanks i will look into it
MidnightSSS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome