Magnaflow vs. Borla Type S - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 12-10-2012, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Magnaflow vs. Borla Type S

Which one sounds better and why...

Matt-A-Tat
2012 2SS/RS ~ 1-7/8" 304 Stainless Steel Texas Speed Long Tube Headers ~ Hi-Flo Cats ~ 3" X-Pipe ~ Borla S-Type Mufflers ~ LPO Ground Effects ~ LPO Blade Spoiler ~ Side Gills ~ Flat Black Rally Stripes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member

Borla sounds way better i think, magnaflow is quiet to me

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat
426/424 rwhp/rwtq Kaltech Tune SOLD!!!!

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #3 of 10 Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
yeah, i feel the same way but i gotta order borla and i can get magnaflow in a package locally. I'll still go with borla probably.

Matt-A-Tat
2012 2SS/RS ~ 1-7/8" 304 Stainless Steel Texas Speed Long Tube Headers ~ Hi-Flo Cats ~ 3" X-Pipe ~ Borla S-Type Mufflers ~ LPO Ground Effects ~ LPO Blade Spoiler ~ Side Gills ~ Flat Black Rally Stripes

post #4 of 10 Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salinasm View Post
yeah, i feel the same way but i gotta order borla and i can get magnaflow in a package locally. I'll still go with borla probably.
yea i have Corsa and i wish i would have went with Borla, its louder than mine

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #5 of 10 Old 01-14-2013, 11:49 AM
2SS

post #6 of 10 Old 01-18-2013, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS View Post
I love the sound of the S-type and have zero regrets going with it. Very deep rumble all the way through the rpm range. Drone was a little bad when the AFM kicked in, but tuning took care of that.

2011 2SS/RS A6 - Black/Black, Borla S-Type Catback, CAI Inc. CAI, Stainless Power LT's with High Flow Cats, Engine Power Systems Tune, 373 HP / 390 Torque
post #7 of 10 Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GITUSOM View Post
I love the sound of the S-type and have zero regrets going with it. Very deep rumble all the way through the rpm range. Drone was a little bad when the AFM kicked in, but tuning took care of that.
yea i agree Borla sounds good, i have Corsa and i think they are two of the best

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #8 of 10 Old 01-27-2013, 12:01 PM

GITUSOM - Did you install your catback system before or after you installed the LTs and High Flow Cats? I am about to buy the same catback system but have stock headers and cats. I am trying to find out if anyone has this setup and if there is drone at cruising speeds (65-80)?
post #9 of 10 Old 02-04-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-SS View Post
GITUSOM - Did you install your catback system before or after you installed the LTs and High Flow Cats? I am about to buy the same catback system but have stock headers and cats. I am trying to find out if anyone has this setup and if there is drone at cruising speeds (65-80)?
I had the catback before. There is minimal drone at those speeds, however keep in mind I have the AFM off. Not sure if that would make a difference at that speed or not.

2011 2SS/RS A6 - Black/Black, Borla S-Type Catback, CAI Inc. CAI, Stainless Power LT's with High Flow Cats, Engine Power Systems Tune, 373 HP / 390 Torque
post #10 of 10 Old 02-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by salinasm View Post
Which one sounds better and why...
This is a very subjective question. It all depends on what you want from an exhausts' tone... Me personally, I like to be able to "have fun" and NOT have my exhaust give me away to those that would ruin my day....

I went from no cans on a stock system w/shorties (pretty raspy) to a 3" Magnaflow Competition Series w/ shorties (CA smog legal)... It has tone but it's really deep and hard to pinpoint from afar according to my buds. They say they feel the car coming vs hearing it! Works for me....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page