V-MAX ported throttle body wait time? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 02-12-2013, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Location: CLEVELAND,GA. just 6 miles south of blood mth, RT129

V-MAX ported throttle body wait time?

Any body order a v-max ported throttle body lately from RX performance? Im on two weeks now and I can't get a return call or even any one to answer their phone, just a recording of high volume calls. My credit card is collecting interest on the $200 deposit,lol. Just wondering if every thing is okay with them?

2012 Yellow Convertable SS,RS,2SS,6SPM,gibson C/B exh with X pipe,technostalgia tail lamps, Hotchkis bars and springs, ARH frame brace,ported TB, BBK shorty headers, K&N cai, front grill air scoup,Pfadt chamber&caster strunt adjusters,VR power Wedge,ZL1 front spoiler lip, 10-10.5 inch rims, 275,315 nitto motivos so far.
2009 Midnight Roadstar Warrior ,lots of mods.

Last edited by yammyboy113; 02-12-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 02-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
I bought my VMax TB from Jordan at JDP Motorsports and there was no deposit charged until my item was shipped. It's not very professional to charge a core charge on an item that hasn't been shipped yet IMO.
post #3 of 40 Old 02-12-2013, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
I bought my VMax TB from Jordan at JDP Motorsports and there was no deposit charged until my item was shipped. It's not very professional to charge a core charge on an item that hasn't been shipped yet IMO.

I agree. Hopefully maybe ill be able to contact them tommoro?

2012 Yellow Convertable SS,RS,2SS,6SPM,gibson C/B exh with X pipe,technostalgia tail lamps, Hotchkis bars and springs, ARH frame brace,ported TB, BBK shorty headers, K&N cai, front grill air scoup,Pfadt chamber&caster strunt adjusters,VR power Wedge,ZL1 front spoiler lip, 10-10.5 inch rims, 275,315 nitto motivos so far.

post #4 of 40 Old 02-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yammyboy113 View Post
I agree. Hopefully maybe ill be able to contact them tommoro?
Good luck! I spoke to the guy at RX Performance before I purchased from Jordan and I had the same hard time contacting them as you are having now. In fact...I didn't hear back from them until I mentioned on their thread here (where they were trying to sell the TBs) that no one would answer the phone or my pms.

At that point...I did finally receive a call but the guy was very condescending and he spent way too much time complaining to me about how much money his company had wrapped up in TB inventory...which I consider to be be their problem and not something I want to hear about because it's the cost of doing business. I just don't trust a company that doesn't have enough capital to operate the right way.

Here's a thread that discusses the wait time you may have to endure...

https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sp...le-bodies.html
post #5 of 40 Old 02-12-2013, 06:43 PM

Well just to ad to this my catch can that i ordered over a month ago just shipped today. I wasn't in a hurry but i was charged on my credit card the day i called. I was told week after week it will ship this week. I think they make some good products thats why i went with them.

Last edited by Rocco70; 03-18-2013 at 07:26 PM.
post #6 of 40 Old 02-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco70 View Post
Well just to ad to this my catch can that i ordered over a month ago just shipped today. I wasn't in a hurry but i was charged on my credit card the day i called. I was told week after week it will ship this week. I think they make some good products thats why i went with them. I plan on getting there tb but they need to work on customer service.
Buy your VMax TB from JDP Motorsports. Jordan is a great guy to work with and he is very informative technically...and he's ALWAYS willing and available to answer your questions...plus there was no charge until my TB was shipped.

VMax Throttle Body Camaro V8

VMax Throttle Body Camaro V6 2010-2011

VMax Throttle Body Camaro V6 2012-2013
post #7 of 40 Old 02-13-2013, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Ill try calling today again,got no email reply back yet. I had ordered the TB and
The black isolator , catch can from them when I had my V6 with no wait time.
I dought At this point I can cancel my order since I cant even get thru to anyone.

post #8 of 40 Old 02-13-2013, 05:55 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yammyboy113 View Post
Ill try calling today again,got no email reply back yet. I had ordered the TB and
The black isolator , catch can from them when I had my V6 with no wait time.
I dought At this point I can cancel my order since I cant even get thru to anyone.
You can dispute the charge with your credit card. Just inform them that you have not heard from the company and you can't get in contact with them. And try the links that Envy posted. If you have troubles or if they are sold out you can always go straight to the source...V-Max themselves. That's where I got mine!!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #9 of 40 Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
You can dispute the charge with your credit card. Just inform them that you have not heard from the company and you can't get in contact with them. And try the links that Envy posted. If you have troubles or if they are sold out you can always go straight to the source...V-Max themselves. That's where I got mine!!

Ill wait two more days,I tried calling again today,nada. Then ill call my credit card co and do as you sugested. I wouldnt be so concerened if they call or email me back. They did once,but that was the first week.

post #10 of 40 Old 02-13-2013, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Update, just as I finished the previous post I got a email from Karen at RX Performance
,they are coming in today and will be shipped out today.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page