THrottle body: Polished - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 02-13-2013, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
BBQdDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 331
 
THrottle body: Polished

Why do people have the after market throttle body "polished"?
BBQdDude is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 Old 02-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member
 
hypurone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cali. North Bay
Posts: 1,925
 
Garage
Outside is solely for looks, inside is for flow smoothing but is a negligible gain these days with the newer processes in manufacturing/materials.....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
hypurone is offline  
post #3 of 20 Old 02-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Bully Proof
 
Envy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 7,086
  
Garage
Hmmm...I like this idea...Envy and I are all about the looks...lol
Where/how can I get something like this done to my VMax TB?
Envy is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 Old 02-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member
 
hypurone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cali. North Bay
Posts: 1,925
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Hmmm...I like this idea...Envy and I are all about the looks...lol
Where/how can I get something like this done to my VMax TB?
Doesn't the maker of your TB offer it as an option? I would think you could send it back to them and exchange it (+ a few $) for one that is or have them just do yours...

If not. Any place that does metal polishing should be able to handle it. Though I would be sure they are aware of and capable of working around the electronics....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
hypurone is offline  
post #5 of 20 Old 03-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Costa Mesa, California
Posts: 34
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Doesn't the maker of your TB offer it as an option? I would think you could send it back to them and exchange it (+ a few $) for one that is or have them just do yours...

If not. Any place that does metal polishing should be able to handle it. Though I would be sure they are aware of and capable of working around the electronics....
I agree, you should be able to send it back and pay a tad more for a new option. i don't see why they wouldn't
Team STILLEN is offline  
post #6 of 20 Old 03-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 16
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Hmmm...I like this idea...Envy and I are all about the looks...lol
Where/how can I get something like this done to my VMax TB?
I believe you can get polished TB from Apex Motorsports, but since you already have one you might have to find someone with a polishing machine or try it by hand.
rberns is offline  
post #7 of 20 Old 03-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Junior Member
 
2011 2SS/RS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: PENSACOLA FL
Posts: 73
 
I've got my IOM vmax ported TB on the way from Apex.... should be an easy 10 minute mod for about an extra 10 hp or so (debatable) and quicker response.
oh... and it will look perdy.

I'll post pics once I get it.

Check out my build thread:https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/me...addiction.html
*1ST PLACE - SAN DIEGO CAR SHOW 4/17/11**PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD - FREEDOM FESTIVAL CAR SHOW 7/4/11**TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11**1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11**AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS NATIONALS 11/27/11**1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*

Last edited by 2011 2SS/RS; 03-27-2013 at 05:58 PM.
2011 2SS/RS is offline  
post #8 of 20 Old 03-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Veteran Member
 
Chapel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,690
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS View Post
I've got my IOM vmax ported TB on the way from Apex.... should be an easy 10 minute mod for about an extra 10 hp or so (debatable) and quicker response.
oh... and it will look perdy.

I'll post pics once I get it.
You should see some gains. There have been multiple dyno studies showing a 7-10 RWHP and RWTQ gain. I def felt a difference when I installed mine!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Chapel is offline  
post #9 of 20 Old 03-31-2013, 08:06 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor
 
Tampa Tuning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 670
 
V Max thottle bodies

I sell a lot of the Vmax throttle bodies for $165.00 shipped plus your working core.

I tell guys/girls, I dont paint or polish them. My reason is simple, I can do it and charge $50-125 dollars more, if you can go to autozone and pick up a can of spray paint for $12 and you can spray it 3 or 4 times if it chips.

I dont mind making the money, but I also would want to save you money.

If you want a Vmax ported throttle body, I have them in stock. You can contact me at:

[email protected]

Phil
Tampa Tuning

Check out your car on our facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/tampa.tuning



Tampa Tuning: [email protected]
Tampa Tuning is offline  
post #10 of 20 Old 04-03-2013, 02:33 AM
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Iowa
Posts: 16
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
I sell a lot of the Vmax throttle bodies for $165.00 shipped plus your working core.

I tell guys/girls, I dont paint or polish them. My reason is simple, I can do it and charge $50-125 dollars more, if you can go to autozone and pick up a can of spray paint for $12 and you can spray it 3 or 4 times if it chips.

I dont mind making the money, but I also would want to save you money.

If you want a Vmax ported throttle body, I have them in stock. You can contact me at:

[email protected]

Phil
Tampa Tuning
I could understand you not painting them to save the buyer money. But why wouldn't you polish them if we were willing to pay for that option?
rberns is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome