Difference between the 1SS and the 2SS models - Page 3 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 91 Old 04-03-2013, 03:24 PM

Garage
Yeah I'm waiting for the auxiliary gauge pack to be able to be added to a 2013 v6. Apparently they changed how it is done a little bit.

2013 IOM Camaro 1LS - Daily Driver
1968 Camaro SS - Weekend Warrior
2000 Monte Carlo SS - CSC Powered Project Car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 91 Old 04-03-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver bullet View Post
you right i would hate your car
WGAF ? Coming from an illiterate I take that as a compliment.
post #23 of 91 Old 04-03-2013, 05:13 PM

Was this thread taken from the "other" forum? lol

post #24 of 91 Old 04-03-2013, 05:41 PM

Remember that the only thing that matters is if you like your own car. I don't personally like leather. I never have and I doubt I ever will. I hate leather anything;couches, chairs, trim...you name it.

It looks new for a very small amount of time unless you never use it. Then half of the people who just "must have leather" have cloth seat covers over them.

To be honest I don't buy cars like this for comfort. If I wanted that I'd get a luxury sedan.
post #25 of 91 Old 04-03-2013, 07:13 PM

I agree, whether it's a 1 or a 2 in a v6 or v8, your buying it with your hard earned money so get what you want. It would be pretty boring if every car of the same model was identical. Personally for me it was a 2SS or nothing, so when you finally get your Camaro, have fun driving it whether you drive everyday or just on the weekend.

2012 TF3 2SS Camaro

post #26 of 91 Old 04-03-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
WGAF ? Coming from an illiterate I take that as a compliment.
good for you cloth boy
post #27 of 91 Old 04-03-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
You guys would really hate my car as I opted for a 1SS/NonRS.
All I was interested in was the engine, manual trans and the green color.
I would have bought it without air, power windows etc. if available. I dont even use half the garbage that comes in it.
so what is in the 2ss is garbage. and you would have bought this car with out air and power windows if you could have lol. now i know you are a dick.
post #28 of 91 Old 04-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Veteran Member

I kind of decided this will likely be the only 'fun car' I will ever own, so I ended up going 'all-out'. I was originally going 1SS/no RS, but for what the extra cost was, I think I would have been regretting it fairly quickly. The Chevy built site is great for getting a very good idea on options and cost. My Camaro has way more options than any other car I have ever bought and cost WAY more too. It is kind of nice having all the upgrades. I LOVE the HUD, I don't really ever look at the gauges, but I think they add to the interior look. I like the leather, never had that before, but haven't gotten to summer yet. I will not be buying cloth seat covers. The back-up camera is almost a must. My wife did an add-on camera, but it isn't nearly as functional as the one in the Camaro (guidelines and warning alarm). Lastly, I never buy a car looking at a trade, I drive my cars until they'die'. Obviously, buy what you want and can afford comfortably.

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #29 of 91 Old 04-03-2013, 09:12 PM

Garage
::::::::::::::::::NEWS FLASH:::::::::::::::::::::

Whatever Camaro you decide you want, it is not a status symbol. Granted, it's an awesome vehicle but whether package you buy you're going to own a Camaro , nothing more nothing less. You won't magically be rich, a better person, or the eye of every woman/man you see. You will still be you.

I personally like my 2SS because I like the option that came in it. You might not need those options but want the V8 then the 1SS is for you. Maybe you like the options of the 2SS but a V6 is for you; go with the 2LT. Whatever it is you want/need in your car GM has done a pretty decent job at providing. So for you 2SS owners who think you're god's gift, please remove your head out of your backside and provide a decent answer to a simple question. No one asked for condescension or arrogance.

2013 SS/RS/1LE
1964 Plymouth Barracuda Candy Apple
1962 Ford Thunderbird Baby Blue
post #30 of 91 Old 04-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
You can add pretty much any of the 2SS options for much less yourself. I did.
I wanted:
Steering wheel audio controls.
Gauge pack.
USB port.

It only cost a few hundred to do it all.

I don't like pleather & leather. All leather...maybe, but the cloth is nice and comfy year round.
HID/halos? Nope don't like 'em.
I didn't want the rest of the 2SS or RS packages, so, for me, this was a great way to get exactly what I wanted in a 1SS.

GM is doing great in giving us the cars we want, the way we want them.
I pretty much agree except it would be great to order the LS7 engine and have the options that you want with it. You would have a sleeper car that could kick a$$.

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page