Ported Intake Manifold!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 Old 04-24-2013, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Ported Intake Manifold!!

Well I've been wondering what my next mod will be. I have the Vararam no-tune CAI on the way...it should be here tomorrow. Outside of that I am considering a ported intake manifold. Preferrably V-Max. What do you guys think? I already did a bunch of research and it looks like an easy install. The prices are looking good. And I'm sure there will be some gains in hp/tq. Even if there are no gains I am still sure that there will be some when I go forced induction in the future. So it should be a nice upgrade. Thoughts??

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 04-25-2013, 06:51 PM

Do it! It's only $150 after sending in your core and dyno runs show a 10hp gain + better throttle response.

I just got mine installed in addition to my Cold Air Inductions CAI, Magnaflow Catback, and catch can.
post #3 of 47 Old 04-26-2013, 12:54 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

If your talking Port Vmax throttle bodies, I have them in stock.

send me an Email if your interested.

[email protected]

We stock LSA/LS3/ L99/LLT/LFX Vmax CnC ported throttle bodies

Phil

Check out your car on our facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/tampa.tuning

Tampa Tuning: [email protected]

Last edited by Tampa Tuning; 05-28-2013 at 04:52 AM.

post #4 of 47 Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
If your talking Port Vmax throttle bodies, I have them in stock.

send me an Email if your interested.

[email protected]

Phil
Not the TB, I already have one of those. I'm talking about the actual intake manifold...thanks anyway tho!!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

post #5 of 47 Old 05-07-2013, 04:19 AM
JacFab.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
Well I've been wondering what my next mod will be. I have the Vararam no-tune CAI on the way...it should be here tomorrow. Outside of that I am considering a ported intake manifold. Preferrably V-Max. What do you guys think? I already did a bunch of research and it looks like an easy install. The prices are looking good. And I'm sure there will be some gains in hp/tq. Even if there are no gains I am still sure that there will be some when I go forced induction in the future. So it should be a nice upgrade. Thoughts??
I've seen lots of conflicting info on the ported intake manifold. I was all for it myself, but after doing extensive research, I decided against it... Dig deep and read everything before you make your decision. It's been quite a while now though since I've done the research so I don't have links handy, but the answer you seek is out there.

While you made a great choice with the Vararam intake, you won't be able to use it when you do go forced induction unfortunately.

If you're willing to open up the engine and change out the cam, I'd say that should be your next mod... If not, how about some 3.91s? Just throwing out suggestions.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro
Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket, Dynomax Axleback, JacFab CAI System, JacFab HFC's, Bo White ported TB.
post #6 of 47 Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I've seen lots of conflicting info on the ported intake manifold. I was all for it myself, but after doing extensive research, I decided against it... Dig deep and read everything before you make your decision. It's been quite a while now though since I've done the research so I don't have links handy, but the answer you seek is out there.

While you made a great choice with the Vararam intake, you won't be able to use it when you do go forced induction unfortunately.

If you're willing to open up the engine and change out the cam, I'd say that should be your next mod... If not, how about some 3.91s? Just throwing out suggestions.
I thought about gears, but I'm against it because I love the cruising RPMs. A mild cam is on my list. A buddy of mine is willing to assist me do the install. And since the stock intake manifold will have to come off anyway, I think that is when I will do the ported intake manifold. It's a shame that going the forced induction route will mean giving up the Vararam. Do you think it will work with a top mount supercharger?! Probably not...

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

post #7 of 47 Old 05-08-2013, 03:51 AM
JacFab.com

Here is some interesting reading regarding the VR and a supercharger: does the vararam be made to fit whipple?? - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

I bet if you get creative, it could be possible to could make it fit. Would probably require some cutting on the intake, and a different silicone hose adapter piece... Would it be optimal? Hard to say.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket, Dynomax Axleback, JacFab CAI System, JacFab HFC's, Bo White ported TB.
post #8 of 47 Old 05-18-2013, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

I think I'm just gonna go with a Fast 102 intake manifold. It's too much of a hassle trying to find a decent priced core...and then I'll have to ship it out and wait 2 weeks. I might as well just spend an extra $200 and get the Fast intake.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

post #9 of 47 Old 05-26-2013, 10:38 AM

Fast 102s are a waste of money unless you are running massive power. Go buy you a set of 3.91 gears and call it a day. It's the single best mod you can do to these cars for under $1000. And cruising rpm doesn't change much.
post #10 of 47 Old 05-26-2013, 05:20 PM
JacFab.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotekiller View Post
Fast 102s are a waste of money unless you are running massive power. Go buy you a set of 3.91 gears and call it a day. It's the single best mod you can do to these cars for under $1000. And cruising rpm doesn't change much.
+1

Chapel, weren't you going to get a supercharger one day anyway? Depending on which route you go, both the FAST intake or even the ported stock intake will be useless to you then... Better off just going with the gears. You'll love them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page