Modern Camaro Forums banner

Dual mode exhaust fuse pull

38K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  coyotekiller 
#1 ·
Which fuse do you pull to disable the dual mode exhaust on the 2013 SS 1LE? I go to pick mine up Monday and want to know how to disable the exhaust valves.

#2 ·
Its in the trunk. You have to pull the molding off the right side of the trunk. The owners manual in the fuse section will show you how to get to it and also which one to pull. If memory serves me correctly its the fuse on the top right.

#3 ·
what does this do? what are you actually disabling?

#9 ·
Boy you guys are off lol. The exhaust valves I'm speaking of aren't the engine ones. I'm talking about the valves in the exhaust. They are after the mufflers and can be seen when you look into the tail pipes from the back of the car. They were installed the tame the exhaust note down a bit at low throttle so it would pass government mandates. When the engine goes full throttle, the valves open and let the exhaust fully open.
I just want to open them and get the full benefit and sound from the exhaust.

#10 ·
Ok as someone who has NPP exhaust and has done the pull let me explain. By pulling the fuse in the trunk it basically doesn't allow the butterfly valve (which is after the muffler) to close after the the car is started. It is defaulted open at engine start. So by pulling the fuse it just keeps it open. The butterfly valves only use is to open at higher RPM's so during normal operation of the vehicle it is quieter running in the car and outside. I personally like the sound of it better with the fuse out. It will no pull any codes or effect normal operation.

#11 ·
Ok as someone who has NPP exhaust and has done the pull let me explain. By pulling the fuse in the trunk it basically doesn't allow the butterfly valve (which is after the muffler) to close after the the car is started. It is defaulted open at engine start. So by pulling the fuse it just keeps it open. The butterfly valves only use is to open at higher RPM's so during normal operation of the vehicle it is quieter running in the car and outside. I personally like the sound of it better with the fuse out. It will no pull any codes or effect normal operation.
I was wondering if you could give any kind of insight as to how much more drone inside the car is present during normal driving after you did the fuse pull. I pulled it and then started it in my garage so I could rev it and see what it sounded like but then I put the fuse back in because I don't want a ton of drone inside the car during normal driving.

Thanks.

#14 ·
thanks guys that helps a lot

#24 ·
Go no line look up mild 2 wild. That what I got car still under warranty GM put them in for me. I have the best of both worlds. When I want to play with the boys I go wild, when I'm with the wife I go mild. It's just a push of a button. 2013 1le 2ss/rs AG pick up Nov. 15, 2012

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.