Well, I got my Power Wedge too!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 Old 05-21-2013, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Well, I got my Power Wedge too!!

So anyway, the wedge looks ok. It's a nice clean easy install. It's inconspicuous. The only hiccup is that the fitting was a bit weird with the Vararam CAI. The TB pushed forward puts the rubber sleeve of the CAI right onto the engine most part of the MAF housing. So the clamp looks a bit crazy. But everything fit snug and there are no leaks so I'm ok with it. Otherwise the install went smooth.

The engine started right up and the idle is fine. I did not get to drive it yet. I have all the mods in my sig and I'm in the process of getting my custom tune updated...since it hasn't been updated since I got the cat-back and the CAI. I datalogged and had the tune re-written last week. Since then I put about 120 miles on it. So I figured I'd put the wedge on now and then drive it for about 100 or so miles and then datalog again. I don't know if I will notice anything with all the other mods and the custom tune, but I'm hoping I do...even if it's just throttle response. I will drive it in a bit and update you guys. And I will post pics...

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 05-21-2013, 09:21 PM
JacFab.com

A lot of people cut the silicone coupler to make it fit better with the wedge. It can be a PITA to get it on there with the Vararam CAI, you got that right.

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro
Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket, Dynomax Axleback, JacFab CAI System, JacFab HFC's, Bo White ported TB.
post #3 of 49 Old 05-22-2013, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Here are some pictures. The Power Wedge is thicker at the top than it is at the bottom. This is to straighten out the TB and the airflow I guess. Oh, I'm holding it upside down in the picture. And I threw in a picture of the painted intake cover and my extremely clean engine bay, lol!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Wedge1.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	19969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Wedge.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	19977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Wedge2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	19985   Click image for larger version

Name:	Power Wedge3.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	19993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Intake Cover1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	20001  

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

post #4 of 49 Old 05-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

Chapel, looks good man. You'll have to keep us updated if you notice any difference at all.
post #5 of 49 Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member

looks good!! did u paint ur engine cover??

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat
426/424 rwhp/rwtq Kaltech Tune SOLD!!!!

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #6 of 49 Old 05-22-2013, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky6702 View Post
Chapel, looks good man. You'll have to keep us updated if you notice any difference at all.
I definitely felt a difference. The car pulls harder and faster. I am happy with the purchase and would definitely do it again. It was definitely worth the price!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSSS View Post
looks good!! did u paint ur engine cover??
I didn't paint it. I bought it off someone who already had it painted. I like the look!!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

post #7 of 49 Old 05-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
I definitely felt a difference. The car pulls harder and faster. I am happy with the purchase and would definitely do it again. It was definitely worth the price!!

I didn't paint it. I bought it off someone who already had it painted. I like the look!!
nice it looks good, i thought u could by them already painted lol

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat
426/424 rwhp/rwtq Kaltech Tune SOLD!!!!

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #8 of 49 Old 05-22-2013, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSSS View Post
nice it looks good, i thought u could by them already painted lol
Yea you can buy them from the dealer already painted to match your car. And I think they have different designs. Or you can find companies online with different designs.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

post #9 of 49 Old 05-22-2013, 08:41 PM

I'm still gonna remain a skeptic that a little plastic ring (that cost over $100 mind you) is gonna do much, if anything at all to improve the performance of any car. Glad you like it though.
post #10 of 49 Old 05-22-2013, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotekiller View Post
I'm still gonna remain a skeptic that a little plastic ring (that cost over $100 mind you) is gonna do much, if anything at all to improve the performance of any car. Glad you like it though.
Well maybe one day you'll consider giving it a shot. I had interest in it a few months ago. But I decided against it because of all the back and forth debate. But then I saw that yammyboy purchased one and that kinda got me thinking that I should at least give it a shot. And there have been dynos that have shown gains of 5-8 hp. You have to figure that not only does it space out the TB from the intake manifold, it also angles it down thus creating a smoother and less obstructed path of air. And you have to consider that engines these days are sensitive to changes in turbulence and the path of the air going through the intake. But regardless, you could always buy one, try it out, and then sell it if you don't like it.

Oh and BTW, they were selling them for $99 shipped. And I saw one vendor over on C5 offer a full refund if anyone bought it and didn't like it. That was a while ago but maybe he will still honor that. If so then it is definitely worth trying...you'd have nothing to lose.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page