Granatelli Wires - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 06-07-2013, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Question Granatelli Wires

Do these wires really make 400% more power over stock?? anyone running them and notice a huge difference??

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat
426/424 rwhp/rwtq Kaltech Tune SOLD!!!!

April 2013 COTM Winner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 06-08-2013, 07:18 PM
JacFab.com

Don't...

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro
Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket, Dynomax Axleback, JacFab CAI System, JacFab HFC's, Bo White ported TB.
post #3 of 18 Old 06-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member

Granatelli has been doing this for the past few years. They make these things and claim X amount of hp/tq. Don't waste your money on these things. They cost a few hundred dollars I think.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!

post #4 of 18 Old 06-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Premium Member

Garage
We have a bunch of threads debunking the "wirez make powerz" bs.

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #5 of 18 Old 06-10-2013, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

yea I see its a waste now, thanks for the heads up guys!

2012 1SS/RS IBM M6 Halltech YellowJacket CAI, Kooks 1/7/8 LT's Corsa Sport CatBack SLP 160 Stat

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #6 of 18 Old 06-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Veteran Member

I don't know why they keep doing this. They took quite a bashing years ago on the Mustang forums when they pulled this stunt. The only way they would do any good is on a highly modified engine with boost. And even then you're not likely to see any hp gains...at least nothing noticeable. If anything it may help smooth out the engine idle or something. But they don't last as long as factory coils. I had Accel coils on my Mustang back when I was runing a fully built engine with heads, cams, and 15 lbs of boost. It actually did good. But after about a year or so those coils began operating miserably. My engine would back fire, misfire, hesitate, everything. I had no idea it was the coils at the time. I changed the EGR, IAC, TPS, intake manifold gaskets, 2 sets of spark plugs, tuned and re-tuned it and nothing worked. Finally I put the stock units back in and the car ran perfectly. I tried cleaning the Accels and re-installing them and they still ran horrible. They ended up in my dumpster. Close to $400 gone for nothing. Never again...

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #7 of 18 Old 06-10-2013, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
I don't know why they keep doing this. They took quite a bashing years ago on the Mustang forums when they pulled this stunt. The only way they would do any good is on a highly modified engine with boost. And even then you're not likely to see any hp gains...at least nothing noticeable. If anything it may help smooth out the engine idle or something. But they don't last as long as factory coils. I had Accel coils on my Mustang back when I was runing a fully built engine with heads, cams, and 15 lbs of boost. It actually did good. But after about a year or so those coils began operating miserably. My engine would back fire, misfire, hesitate, everything. I had no idea it was the coils at the time. I changed the EGR, IAC, TPS, intake manifold gaskets, 2 sets of spark plugs, tuned and re-tuned it and nothing worked. Finally I put the stock units back in and the car ran perfectly. I tried cleaning the Accels and re-installing them and they still ran horrible. They ended up in my dumpster. Close to $400 gone for nothing. Never again...

wow thats horrible it sucks wasting that money

April 2013 COTM Winner
post #8 of 18 Old 06-14-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
They still take a bashing on mustang forums. This is typical Granetelli for you though. They also have a habit of making near identical parts as other companies, yet charge more for their products...

And btw, the wires do very little to help you. I'd dare say you would have to be forced induction to benefit at all if they did actually do anything. A suitable set of plugs would give you better results than wires...
post #9 of 18 Old 06-15-2013, 09:00 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Check our Snake Oil thread

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #10 of 18 Old 06-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Veteran Member

How could wires make 400% more power. What is the source of all this extra power? That is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. They prey on people's ignorance. Not very nice of them.

Silver Ice Metallic 2013 Camaro 2LT
Born 7/29/2012 Delivered 4/24/2013
CyCam1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page