Cold Air Inductions CAI - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 08-26-2013, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Cold Air Inductions CAI

I recently installed a CAI from Cold Air Inductions and gotta say it is definitely worth it as a MUST DO.. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a CAI...

I had previously installed a full Stainless Works exhaust (headers, cats and 3" catback) which made a notable improvement on the top end. The CAI kit arrived a few days later which I promptly installed.

The installation was very straightforward, went in pretty smooth. Took it out for a spin and the results were impressive ... much more responsive, pulls harder and improves exhaust sound plus looks amazing (picture attached!) While parked and reving up the engine you can hear it pulling in all that air, sounds great!!

A few days later the SCT tuner came in with Ted's header tune which tied together the whole package very nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cai.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	26018  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 08-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member

CAI, the official brand of Camaro5, lol!! Yea it's definitely one of the popular intakes. And one of the top performing ones as well. I personally prefer the Vararam due to the fact that it provides the straightest most direct flow possible into the intake. And also because while moving, it will draw in the coldest possible air. Otherwise I would have considered CAI brand. It looks nice tho. Congrats!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #3 of 26 Old 08-29-2013, 09:49 PM

Nice...Now for a race scoop and washer bottle delete or relocate to draw in even more air.I've got the Jannetty tune as well.

post #4 of 26 Old 08-30-2013, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Definitely going to do the scoop and wb relocation, also vmax ported TB.

Have not ran it at the track but did run a g-force timer on it and shaved over half a second with the mods (headers/CAI/catback and tune)

Have not ran up against a 5.0 mustang yet but have no problem taking out all bolt on- modded 4.6 GTs I have ran up against. Also ran a 2010 Shelby GT convertible where we neither of us could pull on the other after a few runs it came down to who got the jump on the other.. would not be able to do that with a newer one though....

Since I have a L99/A6 convertible I think I will need a bit more considering 3.73 gears and wider sticky tires to start. I would love to go with 3.92 gears but fear the hit with HW driving.
post #5 of 26 Old 08-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_SS View Post
Definitely going to do the scoop and wb relocation, also vmax ported TB.

Have not ran it at the track but did run a g-force timer on it and shaved over half a second with the mods (headers/CAI/catback and tune)

Have not ran up against a 5.0 mustang yet but have no problem taking out all bolt on- modded 4.6 GTs I have ran up against. Also ran a 2010 Shelby GT convertible where we neither of us could pull on the other after a few runs it came down to who got the jump on the other.. would not be able to do that with a newer one though....

Since I have a L99/A6 convertible I think I will need a bit more considering 3.73 gears and wider sticky tires to start. I would love to go with 3.92 gears but fear the hit with HW driving.
Yea with your mods a similarly modded 4.6 3V won't stand a chance...even with their weight advantage.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #6 of 26 Old 09-12-2013, 10:50 AM
Premium Member

I also was impressed with the addition of the cold air intake, really improves mid RPM power. I looked at several and found this one by Spectre at Summit Racing for under $150.

Big Daddy
Macon, GA
post #7 of 26 Old 09-12-2013, 05:31 PM

Location: CLEVELAND,GA. just 6 miles south of blood mth, RT129

Im still waiting for variram to get one out for the 2012 up V-8'S. I just called them last week and they said another 1 1/2 months to go???

2012 Yellow Convertable SS,RS,2SS,6SPM,gibson C/B exh with X pipe,technostalgia tail lamps, Hotchkis bars and springs, ARH frame brace,ported TB, BBK shorty headers, K&N cai, front grill air scoup,Pfadt chamber&caster strunt adjusters,VR power Wedge,ZL1 front spoiler lip, 10-10.5 inch rims, 275,315 nitto motivos so far.
2009 Midnight Roadstar Warrior ,lots of mods.
post #8 of 26 Old 09-14-2013, 11:57 PM

What strut tower brace is that??

2013 2SS L99 375whp 392wtq
CAI intake
stainless power 1"7/8 headers
stainless works HF cats
stainless works retro chambered exhaust
post #9 of 26 Old 09-15-2013, 04:52 AM
Premium Member

strut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSSC View Post
What strut tower brace is that??
its standard on the convertibles.

Big Daddy
Macon, GA
post #10 of 26 Old 09-15-2013, 07:23 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Last week, I did a bolt ons 2012 MN6 LS3 Camaro. He bought it used from a dealership with the stainless power headers with HF Cats, CAI no scoop, Borla exhaust no tune.

Pulled it up on the dyno and he was 402 RWHP/ 386 RWTQ out of the box. I told him that was going to tough to beat even with a tune. We ended up with
419 RWHP/413 RWTP. It got really torque.

Even without the scoop, I still had to add a little fuel on street the street test run because it leaned out a hair. It didn't really need the extra fuel until the owner said he was adding the scoop and I wanted to keep him safe.

Id say my personal favorite intakes would 1st be Vararam and 2nd CAI.

Check out your car on our facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/tampa.tuning

Tampa Tuning: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page