Got the Mod bug - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 10-04-2013, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Got the Mod bug

Hey All,

I joined the site about 5 months ago and haven't posted anything other then an introduction yet. I have been trying to drink in the information. I have a 2013 SS LS3 with the dual mode exhaust.

So today I crossed over and did my first mod. I installed a cold air intake from CAI. I was surprise at how simple the install was. It only took me about 45 minutes. Already thinking of my next mod and I was debating about putting ported throttle body on. It seems like another simple add and relatively inexpensive. It seems simple enough I can do it myself.

Anyway a few questions I am planning future modifications and would like some suggestions opinions. I have heard that the dual mode exhaust adds some HP is this true? Also with the dual mode exhaust would you suggest doing an aftermarket exhaust system? Is there any additional benefit I would get from adding an aftermarket

I was also thinking of getting 1LE suspension package. My dealership can add it. Would it be worth doing?

Also looking to do a relocation of the washer bottle.

I am trying not to void my warranty and I don't want to cross over into a supercharger just yet keeping that in mind other then the mods I mentioned what suggestions would you all have?

Thanks for your help in advance

Last edited by LoganX; 10-04-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Support MC & Troops

Good morning, I'd check w/your dealer, to see what they will allow you to do..thats on your check list for MOD's,
some dealers are very picky, some are great.. Just remember "always get it in righting" no matter what, just to save your butt !

Sorry to not comment on the other stuff, I have a picky dealer, Not MOD friendly /

Oh, keep us updated w/what you come across and pro's / con's of each MOD you do.. we here luv members that do this N'

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Getting way pumped up ..LOL(Never giving up !)

The all new Convertible (Born 1/11/11) !, Welcome to the Fleet !
SHADOW 2013 GBA 2SS/RS A6 Vert (2/13/14)
"FROST 2011 SIM LT1 A6 " FIRST VERT MOTM AUGUST 2013
*PROTESTING GM*
"GIVE ME MY13'IBM ZL1 vert GM!"
post #3 of 11 Old 10-05-2013, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Hey hotrodrat,

Thanks for the feedback. So far the CAI has been great drove it last night and then had it out this morning. I think pretty much the comment everybody makes the engine just sounds different not sure I can say I actually feel it being any faster but it just feels different. So far no cons about the CAI but it has only been a day

Well for the LE1 suspension the dealer would be doing that. If that was what you were referring to.

post #4 of 11 Old 10-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganX View Post
I am trying not to void my warranty and I don't want to cross over into a supercharger
Resistance is futile!!

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner
post #5 of 11 Old 10-05-2013, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Resistance is futile!!
LOL I think you may be right but hey let me live my delusion just a little while longer
post #6 of 11 Old 10-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I think we all have that illness, but love it!

2010 2SS/RS A6 L99 Born 09/16/2009 Vin#9146985
ModernCamaro Car of the Month Jan 2013
CAI,Axle back exhaust, V Max Throttle Body
post #7 of 11 Old 10-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hey All,

I joined the site about 5 months ago and haven't posted anything other then an introduction yet. I have been trying to drink in the information. I have a 2013 SS LS3 with the dual mode exhaust.

So today I crossed over and did my first mod. I installed a cold air intake from CAI. I was surprise at how simple the install was. It only took me about 45 minutes. Already thinking of my next mod and I was debating about putting ported throttle body on. It seems like another simple add and relatively inexpensive. It seems simple enough I can do it myself.

Anyway a few questions I am planning future modifications and would like some suggestions opinions. I have heard that the dual mode exhaust adds some HP is this true? Also with the dual mode exhaust would you suggest doing an aftermarket exhaust system? Is there any additional benefit I would get from adding an aftermarket

I was also thinking of getting 1LE suspension package. My dealership can add it. Would it be worth doing?

Also looking to do a relocation of the washer bottle.

I am trying not to void my warranty and I don't want to cross over into a supercharger just yet keeping that in mind other then the mods I mentioned what suggestions would you all have?

Thanks for your help in advance
I started this thread in the Suspension thread (https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/ti...st-option.html) but really didn't get much of a response. It will give you some idea on cost and what is and isn't included. I'd still like to see some more input from those in the know. Like you I'm warranty loss adverse

Welcome to the discussions

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #8 of 11 Old 10-06-2013, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Hokie View Post
I started this thread in the Suspension thread (https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/ti...st-option.html) but really didn't get much of a response. It will give you some idea on cost and what is and isn't included. I'd still like to see some more input from those in the know. Like you I'm warranty loss adverse

Welcome to the discussions
Thanks for responding I will have to check out your thread. The dealership that I bought my car at has parts and install at $1800... I am sure I can get a better deal somewhere else. Did you end up getting it installed? If you did was it worth it?
post #9 of 11 Old 10-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Thanks for responding I will have to check out your thread. The dealership that I bought my car at has parts and install at $1800... I am sure I can get a better deal somewhere else. Did you end up getting it installed? If you did was it worth it?
No I am still debating things my next thing I am going to do is switch hoods ... then probably a CAI and ported throttle body but I think the LE1 pack or something comparable isin the cards after that

I think I can do better on the labor also, but it was a starting point

2012 2SS / RS CRT; Additional Options: Highwing Spoiler, Sunroof, Window Tint, Splash Guards, Wheels, Nitro, Heritage Grill, MRT Louvers, Ported Throttle Body, Cold Air Inductions CAI, RX Sport Hood, someone's splitter, River City Strut Bar
Born On: 13 April 2012; Purchased: 27 August 2012
post #10 of 11 Old 10-07-2013, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I installed a cold air intake from CAI. I was surprise at how simple the install was. It only took me about 45 minutes. Already thinking of my next mod and I was debating about putting ported throttle body on. It seems like another simple add and relatively inexpensive. It seems simple enough I can do it myself.
Do the washer bottle relocation and also a front nose intake scoop to feed the CAI.

The PTB was worth it in my mind also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page