Modern Camaro Forums banner

Help with CELs

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  hypurone 
#1 ·
Well got Baby out of hibernation today as it's 75 degs today. Battery was a bit low (She started, but reluctantly) After starting it showed that the Stabiltrac needed service and all the indicators for the Stabiltrac in the tach were lit. Also Tach was inop. Brought her home and put the battery charger on her and pulled the ECM fuses #5 and #20....just like resetting fuel tables. After a few hours I pulled the charger, and put the ECM fuses back in and started her up. All the Stabiltrac lights were out and no message in the info center but, My CEL was lit. The Tach also was now working. Took it up to the parts store and had them read the CEL. It came up with a PO324.....Knock sensor. I didn't notice the engine knocking so I had him reset it. Will watch and see if it returns. Sooo has anyone ever experienced this sort of thing? I hoping it's all related to the low battery and all will be good in the future.

#2 ·
I had something similar happen to me last month but I got a different code from my ECM...mine was a P2176. Envy had been in the garage since November herself so on a warm day I got her out to wash her and I wasn't thinking when I left the stereo (and headlights) on while I washed her. When I was done I went to start her but the battery was dead. I jumped her off with no issues but the CEL light was on (everything else seemed to be operating normally)...a few days later I took her across the street to have the code read and erased. My friend (that owns the shop) told me that a low battery situation can trigger all kinds of sensors to malfunction so he wasn't concerned about the code.

There hasn't been a reoccurrence or any other problems since then so I'm not concerned about it either. On a side note...while researching my code I found a great site that will explain any code no matter what make your car is...all you have to do is enter the car's make and code and it gives you all kinds of helpful information including any TSBs associated with the code.

Here's the page for your code:

P0324 Knock Control System Error OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com

Ad here's the page for mine including the TSB info associated with mine:

P2176 Chevrolet Minimum Throttle Position Not Learned OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com

#3 ·
That's a new one on me too, but remember that gasoline is a perishable item.
Fuel looses 1 octane per month when in storage so figure out how old the fuel is and discover that the knock sensor may be telling you somthing.:confused:

#4 ·
A couple of things here... The cars' systems don't like and don't work properly on low voltage (you said the battery was low and the car was hard to start) and is why when you charged it, things were more normal when you restarted it.

As for the knock sensor code. It was most likely a false trigger as there was no oil pressure for a short time while the oil pump primed itself then supplied pressure. The knock sensors are known for picking up "noises" other than knock. Heck, I used to lightly tap on the block with a hammer to "test" them back when I was wrenching....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.