Turn your LS2/LS3 into a Stage 3 LS7-LSX - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 04-25-2014, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Turn your LS2/LS3 into a Stage 3 LS7-LSX

Here is an example of a recent customer build taking a LS2 block and sleeving it to push the bore to 4.130. This package allows an LS2 car to be morphed into a pumped up LS7 and still retain the compatibility with the stock LS2 base engine.
This package is based around a custom sleeved LS2 block that Livernois Motorsports machines in house on its own 4-Axis CNC machine. This allows absolute precision and ensures the block is held to within just +/- .0001 to the specification.
Once the block machine work is done we utilize our own custom rotating assembly, complete with forged H-beam connected rods, forged custom pistons, stainless steel top ring and napier second, upgraded thick wall wristpin and forged stroker crankshaft. This takes us to a 429 cubic inch size.
The shortlock is then complimented with LSX-LS7 heads utilizing our own custom CNC program and valvejob, along with the FAST composite intake. This package is designed for the ultimate in streetable performance from a large cubic inch LS base. The added cubic inches and breathing from the bigger bore, coupled with the longer stroke and high flowing cylinder head matched with custom camshaft really turn this engine into a beast.
Shortblock, Longblock and Complete engine packages just like this are available to retrofit your LS2 and LS3 equipped car into a big-bore stroker LS7 monster with direct bolt-in capability.

Click here to visit our website for more information on our products and services or give us a call @ 313-561-5500
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RMC CNC Block Machining.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	36161   Click image for larger version

Name:	RMC CNC Block Machining 2.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	36169   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sleeved Block.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	36177   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ross LS3 Piston.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	36185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Components.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	36193  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shortblock Complete Lower.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	36201   Click image for larger version

Name:	LSX Heads.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	36209   Click image for larger version

Name:	LSx LS7 Engine.jpg
Views:	1435
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	36217   Click image for larger version

Name:	LSx LS7 Engine 2.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	36225  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-26-2014, 06:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports View Post
Here is an example of a recent customer build taking a LS2 block and sleeving it to push the bore to 4.130. This package allows an LS2 car to be morphed into a pumped up LS7 and still retain the compatibility with the stock LS2 base engine.
This package is based around a custom sleeved LS2 block that Livernois Motorsports machines in house on its own 4-Axis CNC machine. This allows absolute precision and ensures the block is held to within just +/- .0001 to the specification.
Once the block machine work is done we utilize our own custom rotating assembly, complete with forged H-beam connected rods, forged custom pistons, stainless steel top ring and napier second, upgraded thick wall wristpin and forged stroker crankshaft. This takes us to a 429 cubic inch size.
The shortlock is then complimented with LSX-LS7 heads utilizing our own custom CNC program and valvejob, along with the FAST composite intake. This package is designed for the ultimate in streetable performance from a large cubic inch LS base. The added cubic inches and breathing from the bigger bore, coupled with the longer stroke and high flowing cylinder head matched with custom camshaft really turn this engine into a beast.
Shortblock, Longblock and Complete engine packages just like this are available to retrofit your LS2 and LS3 equipped car into a big-bore stroker LS7 monster with direct bolt-in capability.

Click here to visit our website for more information on our products and services or give us a call @ 313-561-5500
Sweet engine,what horse power are you getting out of this?

May 2014 MC Member of the Month!
post #3 of 8 Old 04-26-2014, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member

I usually have qualms about block sleeving. But those pics look pretty good. How will the block hold up over time and several tens of thousands of miles? How about boost and track use?

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!

post #4 of 8 Old 04-28-2014, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidlifeSS View Post
This specific build shown here is a Naturally aspirated setup built to mimic our stage 3 ZO6 package. That package makes over 700hp at the flywheel. He wanted to have it built to handle well over 300hp worth of nitrous as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
I usually have qualms about block sleeving. But those pics look pretty good. How will the block hold up over time and several tens of thousands of miles? How about boost and track use?
We have had numerous builds with them already as we have been sleeving these engines for many years. We rate these shortblocks up to 1200hp.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-03-2015, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidlifeSS View Post
this package typically makes between 590-620RWHP. The one in the images went to Europe and made 670RWHP with the fuel over there.
post #6 of 8 Old 03-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Sexy! Do you "run them in" for initial break in then do a clean out? How would one go about getting it tuned in another state? Is the only option to send the car to you? What pistons would you use to lower the CR for a boosted application?

Do the heads mate up to a Magnuson TVS2300 properly? I would want to run it on pump gas (91 here in Cali but I do "mix" to 93) and I am currently at 9psi but could drop it as needed. I would have the blower modified to increase its capacity (remember I need to stay with the Magnuson as it has a CARB EO# needed here in Cali).

Would you be able to grind a cam that could pass smog inspection both audibly and via a sniffer and still be able to tap the increased displacement's potential?

So very tempting.....

Chuck
2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC - Born on 10/05/09
MyCamaroBuildInfo

"You Were Really Flyin' When I Passed You Back There!"
February-2013-MOTM-Winner

Last edited by hypurone; 03-04-2015 at 08:13 AM.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-04-2015, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
Sexy! Do you "run them in" for initial break in then do a clean out? How would one go about getting it tuned in another state? Is the only option to send the car to you? What pistons would you use to lower the CR for a boosted application?

Do the heads mate up to a Magnuson TVS2300 properly? I would want to run it on pump gas (91 here in Cali but I do "mix" to 93) and I am currently at 9psi but could drop it as needed. I would have the blower modified to increase its capacity (remember I need to stay with the Magnuson as it has a CARB EO# needed here in Cali).

Would you be able to grind a cam that could pass smog inspection both audibly and via a sniffer and still be able to tap the increased displacement's potential?

So very tempting.....
Hello, we can break in engines on our in house dyno before we ship them.

We build all of our engines with pistons we designed 9.7:1.(no shelf parts)

You will have to find a capable chassis dyno shop to tune the car or have us pick it up or have you deliver/drop it off.
We could build an engine like this with LS3/L92 heads so you can use your existing lower intake manifold. It will be down on power a bit vs the LS7 head. Nothing you couldn't offset with boost.

We do not guarantee any performance engine to pass smog.
There are things we can do parts selection wise to assist you in building a clean/efficient engine.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-25-2015, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

If you are interested to see what one of these packages can do to your GM LS1,2,3 or 7 take a look at this one that made it to Germany.
https://youtu.be/6ydumzzGU9U
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page