Add hp with just wires - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 67 Old 07-16-2014, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Add hp with just wires

NEVER CHANGE OIL

In this video, we use MSD's own tester to compare our Granatelli Wires to other popular / most commonly used competitors and show WHY Granatelli remains the king in the industry. Granatelli ignition wires test vs. Magnacore, Mallory, MSD super conductor 8.8., Moroso blue max, Accel 300+, and Taylor.

Last edited by Granatelli Sales; 07-16-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 Old 07-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member

Ok.... So, your title is a bit misleading with the link you provide.

1) You didn't change just "wires".... You changes Wires and Coils
2) I'd like to know how many pulls you did with the stock plugs and with the Granatelli
3) Just out of curiosity, how much lapped between pulls
post #3 of 67 Old 07-16-2014, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky6702 View Post
Ok.... So, your title is a bit misleading with the link you provide.

1) You didn't change just "wires".... You changes Wires and Coils
2) I'd like to know how many pulls you did with the stock plugs and with the Granatelli
3) Just out of curiosity, how much lapped between pulls
well on the C7 kgspider we did do both
We did 3 stock 3 after tests
They where all back to back

post #4 of 67 Old 07-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Premium Member

Garage
...here we go again!

James 1:25 Ordered from Faulkner Chevy #NKCF02 1100 5/8/9 2000, 3300 7/16/9 TPW 7/20,GOT MY (low) VIN! 4000 7/24/9 ,Picked up 8/7/9!!! Signed Litho #45. Car signed by FBodfather 2011. Service: Jennings Chevy in PA. We don't "drift", kiddies... we POWER SLIDE! MOTM/COTM Sept 2012 Pro Patria Vigilans.
Click the pic.. I don't tolerate fools.
post #5 of 67 Old 07-16-2014, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

post #6 of 67 Old 07-20-2014, 07:42 AM

actually that's pretty awesome, I did not know the stock wires had that much resistance. And for those of you doubting ..... more power to the plug means more complete combustion from a better flame front arc, the reason why everyone since fred flintstone has improved their ignitions to HEI or looked for better spark plugs. Not all gas gets used in the combustion process and using more makes more power.....fact. Amongst the other things I am doing...installing a vmax this week, and fluidampr udp next month, I am going to get me some wires, and I betcha they most likely gain more than either of those only I cannot just dyno at will it costs money, and better parts do cost money, and better insulated less resistance wires is something I always have done on my builds for decades for insurance and for performance. I will be above the 500 rwhp naturally aspirated I want.

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....
post #7 of 67 Old 07-21-2014, 01:41 AM
Veteran Member

No, aftermarket coils will have no affect on performance with a stock or bolt-on car. You may see some improvement with a highly modded car...I'm talking boost with cam and headers. But otherwise no. As long as these have been out there has never been an independent 3rd party tester to prove the gains on a stock or bolt-on car. Not knocking Granatelli, but this is a load of crap. The stock coils and plugs are absolutely fine even up to around 700 rwhp.

If anyone doubts what I'm saying, lets put it to a test. I will buy a set, take my car to a dyno, dyno it 3 times with the stock coils, then replace the stock coils with the Granatelli coils, and dyno it 3 times with the Granatellis. If the HP/TQ does not change by a realistic and significant amount, then you pay for the coils and the dyno time. If it does change, then I'll buy you a set. How about it?

Granatelli Sales, if I buy your coils and do not get any change in hp/tq, would you be willing to either take your coils and packs back, refund my money, and pay for my dyno time or let me keep the coils and and packs and give me my money back for them? If they do increase hp/tq, I'll record the entire process and post the video as an independent 3rd party tester on Camaro5, Youtube, and here. Serious offer here.

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #8 of 67 Old 07-21-2014, 05:02 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Subscribed

2013 LT2/RS, Crystal Red Metallic, TAZ Jr.
2016 H-D Ultra Classic, Black Fire Purple, (PPE)
2015 H-D Street Glide, Superior Blue. (Old Blue) Traded
2012 Big Horn, RAM, Crew Cab, SLT, Dark Cherry Red Pearl (Betty Boop)
1998 Honda Accord 2d, daily driver.
post #9 of 67 Old 07-21-2014, 05:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Subscribed
LOL! How's it going Guapo?!

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #10 of 67 Old 07-21-2014, 07:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
No, aftermarket coils will have no affect on performance with a stock or bolt-on car. You may see some improvement with a highly modded car...I'm talking boost with cam and headers. But otherwise no. As long as these have been out there has never been an independent 3rd party tester to prove the gains on a stock or bolt-on car. Not knocking Granatelli, but this is a load of crap. The stock coils and plugs are absolutely fine even up to around 700 rwhp.

If anyone doubts what I'm saying, lets put it to a test. I will buy a set, take my car to a dyno, dyno it 3 times with the stock coils, then replace the stock coils with the Granatelli coils, and dyno it 3 times with the Granatellis. If the HP/TQ does not change by a realistic and significant amount, then you pay for the coils and the dyno time. If it does change, then I'll buy you a set. How about it?

Granatelli Sales, if I buy your coils and do not get any change in hp/tq, would you be willing to either take your coils and packs back, refund my money, and pay for my dyno time or let me keep the coils and and packs and give me my money back for them? If they do increase hp/tq, I'll record the entire process and post the video as an independent 3rd party tester on Camaro5, Youtube, and here. Serious offer here.
**** it Chapel.... You beat me too it man!!! LOL

I was curious about the same thing.... My 2002 SLP SS is bone stock, completely unmolested and I was wondering if i would gain anything at all out of my LS1. I would be more than willing to try them out under your terms. It would be interesting.... But, I'm not going to pay that much money for coils and wires for absolutely no gains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page