HP Guestimate - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-15-2015, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

HP Guestimate

I just purchased a 2010 Inferno Orange SS/RS, it has 10,100 miles on it. the previous owner drove it 2K each year. at 5K miles he had the dealer install K&N CAI, JBA Pacesetter 1 3/4" headers and Magnaflow Cat back, He also had it tuned? This is my first LS3 so what do you all think this thing is making for HP? 10HP Increase 20? I have had other performance cars that I have dynod and they all take to bolt ons different.

Last edited by DougM; 03-15-2015 at 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-17-2015, 05:35 PM

you should have gained about 40 h.p. if the tune is good and it would have required most likely ignoring a CEL check engine light from delayed response from the O2 front sensors. And doubtful the dealer took to removing torque management or other tweaks to the ECU.....

2013 2ss/rs NPP CRT, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, Mast windage, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Trunnion upgrade, Cam motion stage 3, SP headers, Vmax PTB, Monster c7 dual clutch, Mgw shifter, Fluidampr 25%UDP, CAI induction, rocket racing wheels, clutch reservoir, bmr toes and trailing arms, Lpw diff cover , scanner, drl's led /fogs, elite catch can, MRT louvers, tint, ZL1 spoiler, stripes & badging, etc....
post #3 of 6 Old 03-18-2015, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. From driving it I figured around that. Thanks for the input man!

post #4 of 6 Old 03-20-2015, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougM View Post
I just purchased a 2010 Inferno Orange SS/RS, it has 10,100 miles on it. the previous owner drove it 2K each year. at 5K miles he had the dealer install K&N CAI, JBA Pacesetter 1 3/4" headers and Magnaflow Cat back, He also had it tuned? This is my first LS3 so what do you all think this thing is making for HP? 10HP Increase 20? I have had other performance cars that I have dynod and they all take to bolt ons different.
Couple questions, is yours an auto or manual? Also, is it a dyno tune or a custom tune?

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #5 of 6 Old 03-21-2015, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

It is a manual and they said Dyno Tune.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-21-2015, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

The car goes good so and on my 4th gen (LT1) I spent a lot of time on the dyno. I just have never had an LS3. I know the LS motors take to mods well but in my 4th gen the power was all in cam and heads etc not just bolt ons and tune. I am not looking to modify this car further as it goes good as it is I was just wondering. I doubt I will dyno it but maybe someday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page