Will there be a supercharged version of the LS-3? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 07-21-2008, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Will there be a supercharged version of the LS-3?

No word on the Z-28 model. The LS-3 with 422 sounds good but i am hoping for the Z with 500 plus HP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-23-2008, 12:11 PM

Lightbulb

"The ZR1 takes the next step and uses forced induction by means of a new Eaton 4-lobe supercharger mounted on a revised 6.2-liter V-8"

I got quote this from http://autos.yahoo.com/auto-shows/de...t-Corvette-ZR1

Maybe we can use mount this supercharger on the LS3.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-24-2008, 12:21 AM

Hope GM wakes up soon..

Does anyone have a clue what the performance pks will be?
Gm did say they will offer a tuned CAI pkg, and catback but did not say what the hp gains would be.
Is there a possible factory SC offered?? I will be graciously backing out of my purchase if the new LS3 can't get the LONG awaited camaro into the 12's stock.. I still can't believe GM discontinued then had yrs to bring back a legend muscle car that can't compete w/ a Ford mustang
GT500.. Say it isn't so!!
I'm not a big Ford guy. All of my muscle cars have been Vettes, Camaros, GTO's. Now none of them can compete with my new GT500 w/ a few bolt ons it truely is a rocket.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a limited production 12 second 5th gen camaro..

post #4 of 11 Old 10-01-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbob View Post
Does anyone have a clue what the performance pks will be?
Gm did say they will offer a tuned CAI pkg, and catback but did not say what the hp gains would be.
Is there a possible factory SC offered?? I will be graciously backing out of my purchase if the new LS3 can't get the LONG awaited camaro into the 12's stock.. I still can't believe GM discontinued then had yrs to bring back a legend muscle car that can't compete w/ a Ford mustang
I'm not a big Ford guy. All of my muscle cars have been Vettes, Camaros, GTO's. Now none of them can compete with my new GT500 w/ a few bolt ons it truely is a rocket.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a limited production 12 second 5th gen camaro..
buy an SS then slap a blower on it... costs less than a GT500 and would be faster..

PAST RIDE: 1991 5.0 Notch 306 ci aluminum heads vortech S trim kenny brown level 5 suspension 4 wheel disk Baer brakes - 450 rwhp
post #5 of 11 Old 10-03-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geerhed View Post
buy an SS then slap a blower on it... costs less than a GT500 and would be faster..
The difference is that the GT500's engine is "built" for boost where the LS3 isn't. You would need more than just a blower to compete with the GT500 if you don't want to blow your engine up ..

Crowley
post #6 of 11 Old 10-03-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
The difference is that the GT500's engine is "built" for boost where the LS3 isn't. You would need more than just a blower to compete with the GT500 if you don't want to blow your engine up ..

Crowley
The LS3 will handle a blower just fine with a good tune. They are slapping super chargers on factory G8's without any problems and they are performing great. And I know that GTO owners have done the same. There may be a couple of minor things, but its not like you need new crank, pistons, rods.

2011 Synergy Green Metallic 1SS Camaro:
RS Package, White Ralley Stripes, Premium Sound.
Mods; Flowmaster Exhaust, Vararam CAI, Pfadt Sport Suspension, Budnik "Ice" Wheels, Nitto Invo tires
Upcoming Mods; Custom grill and badging.
post #7 of 11 Old 10-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbob View Post
I still can't believe GM discontinued then had yrs to bring back a legend muscle car that can't compete w/ a Ford mustang
well first off the camaro is soo much better in so many ways such as a 6spfor every camaro not just for the top of the line

second the camaro has IRS! on all levels!

third the gt500 is a limited production vehicle and the top of the line that costs 70,000+ where as the camaro will most likely cost half of that...

fourth the camaro is not far behind the gt500 and i think it has a better 0-60 than the gt500.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Facebook has sucked me into Farmtown.

What can I say I love virtual plowing.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-03-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfaholic View Post
The LS3 will handle a blower just fine with a good tune. They are slapping super chargers on factory G8's without any problems and they are performing great. And I know that GTO owners have done the same. There may be a couple of minor things, but its not like you need new crank, pistons, rods.
How much PSI are they running? I'm just saying .. you aren't going to crank up the boost like you can on the GT500 ..

Crowley
post #9 of 11 Old 10-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
How much PSI are they running? I'm just saying .. you aren't going to crank up the boost like you can on the GT500 ..

Crowley
thats a given, you cant just run high boost on any N/A car unless your looking for BOOM BOOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
Facebook has sucked me into Farmtown.

What can I say I love virtual plowing.
post #10 of 11 Old 10-03-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:

Crowley
Well, definitely not, but you don't need that much boost to push it over 500hp at the wheels. And with a good race setup it should pretty easily take the GT500.

2011 Synergy Green Metallic 1SS Camaro:
RS Package, White Ralley Stripes, Premium Sound.
Mods; Flowmaster Exhaust, Vararam CAI, Pfadt Sport Suspension, Budnik "Ice" Wheels, Nitto Invo tires
Upcoming Mods; Custom grill and badging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page