V8 Engine Details - Page 3 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 Old 11-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member

Whats amazing to me is my 69 is has the numbers matching 396/350hp motor still in it NO power adders , Cams or anything just plain old American Factory Big Block fun....... I have put 87 in the car before and it seems to idle rough.
It seems like the car has a miss but when I put the normal 93 octane pump gas in her as most of us do in late model Camaro's you can really hear and feel the difference in how she idles.....Cam sounds better.

Even better I can drive about 20 minutes outside of the city limits where the emmisions are not so strict and less environmental friendly ( where they dont add the addative for cleaning air ) and It really Runs/idles better difference between that gas and gas in the city pumps.....City Gas looks green the other looks more clear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 Old 11-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Mid
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUONCRS View Post
What about Flex-Fuel (E85)? Should they have that in the specs if it is? Does that mean it's not?
I'd also like to know if the Camaro can take E85, since there's an E85 station right near me.

post #23 of 34 Old 11-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid View Post
I'd also like to know if the Camaro can take E85, since there's an E85 station right near me.
Hey, Mid where in NY are you that has an E85 station?

post #24 of 34 Old 11-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonz5GEN View Post
Hey, Mid where in NY are you that has an E85 station?
I've certainly never seen E85.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #25 of 34 Old 11-15-2008, 12:24 PM

Theres one on Route 45 in Spring Valley. Its a Getty station. All the way down 45 almost to Jersey. Funny thing is if you have the extra ten minutes and go to Jersey you can get 93 for only a couple cents more than e85
post #26 of 34 Old 02-07-2009, 04:31 PM

wow that's a lot of horses under the hood!
post #27 of 34 Old 03-21-2010, 08:18 AM

are there special edition camaros that have higher than 422? ive been off the internet for a while, and having the camaro vs/ challenger talk... he says hurst challenger puts out 475. what is camaros comparative edition. i know they got somthin

1986 Camaro Berlinetta (originally)-now a nitrous breathing 383 stroker

1992 Camaro RS - pretty much stock (only to keep its 25th anniversary edition book value)

all the other Camaros were sold
post #28 of 34 Old 09-18-2011, 01:20 AM

The L99 heads are definitely going soon. Is there better heads than the LS3 to replace them with?
post #29 of 34 Old 09-18-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaHD View Post
The L99 heads are definitely going soon. Is there better heads than the LS3 to replace them with?
Where did you get the ls3 and l99 have different heads? I do know the differences are the l99 has valve cut reliefs in the pistons and vvt that really is just a cam sproket and different lifters from what I have read to do the l99 to ls3 conversion all you do is get rid of the vvt change lifters no real big deal the l99 has less compression simply cause of the valve reliefs in the pistons as far as the reliefs in the pistons well both ls3 and l99 have crap for piston and rods the best change in these are just that piston and rod change not heads.
post #30 of 34 Old 09-19-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinocala View Post
Where did you get the ls3 and l99 have different heads? I do know the differences are the l99 has valve cut reliefs in the pistons and vvt that really is just a cam sproket and different lifters from what I have read to do the l99 to ls3 conversion all you do is get rid of the vvt change lifters no real big deal the l99 has less compression simply cause of the valve reliefs in the pistons as far as the reliefs in the pistons well both ls3 and l99 have crap for piston and rods the best change in these are just that piston and rod change not heads.

Thanks for the info. Any recomendations for type of pistons or valves. Is there any kits out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page