High idle while coasting in nuetral - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-24-2015, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
High idle while coasting in nuetral

Hi all,

I'm having a strange issue, I have a 2010 ss 6speed manual. when driving all is normal, shifting is ok, when stopping at an intersection or light as long as clutch is depressed the idle is normal. foot off clutch and not moving all is normal.
But if the car is moving at any speed and I take out of gear and coast in neutral , when I take foot off clutch the idle races up to around 2000-3000 rpms and will stay there until I step on clutch again.

Any ideas what could be issue???

Thanks Jeff

2SS..IO Interior M6 Black Rally Stripes Borla Mufflers Diablo Tuned 20% Tints Vararam ram air, Eibach front and rear sway bars, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, BMR lower control arms, BMR strut tower brace, SLP Long tubes with high flow cats Granetelli cross drilled and slotted rotors BBK 95mm Throttle body Eibach coil overs, BMR Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bar End Links Bravado 20" Rims with Eagle F1 305/35/20 in the Rear and 275/35/20 front
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-15-2015, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member

Hey there, fellow NJ resident!! LOL!! Any updates to this issue?

2017 Camaro ZL-1 A10

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi 5.7 - Tuned!!

Proud to be the March 2013 Member Of The Month!
post #3 of 4 Old 10-09-2015, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
hey chapel, whats going on?

I had a bbk throttle body installed for some time now and it started giving me reduced engine power , so I had bought a new complete throttle body to use the new throttle actuator on the bbk thinking that maybe my old one went bad, this is what led into the other problem that I had listed above. that was the just the short version of the whole issue.

with the bbk , when it was working properly, I had a perfect idle and it shifted fine. after the problem started I called summit racing cause that's where I bought the bbk from, and they had no help for me , his exact words were "things go bad and break " not the answer I was looking for. so after being more pissed off. I installed the new stock throttle body and that's when the high idle issues had started.

but I'm glad to say as of now October 9th, the computer must have adjusted everything and the problem seems to gone away, hopefully forever.

thanks for asking anyway.

2SS..IO Interior M6 Black Rally Stripes Borla Mufflers Diablo Tuned 20% Tints Vararam ram air, Eibach front and rear sway bars, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, BMR lower control arms, BMR strut tower brace, SLP Long tubes with high flow cats Granetelli cross drilled and slotted rotors BBK 95mm Throttle body Eibach coil overs, BMR Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bar End Links Bravado 20" Rims with Eagle F1 305/35/20 in the Rear and 275/35/20 front

post #4 of 4 Old 12-09-2015, 01:20 PM

if it comes back, it is the throttle actuator that is causing it, take it to the dealer and have them do a throttle relearn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page