little help - Page 2 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 38 Old 04-25-2016, 05:37 PM

I hear what your saying and believe you. Have you checked your oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forged bottom end. AGP TT, Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock, and much more Built by, FSP, myself, and some a few others, Tuned by FSP and me 800ish whp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 Old 04-26-2016, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
I hear what your saying and believe you. Have you checked your oil?

what color would it look like if there was a issue... car has sat for the last 4 days
post #13 of 38 Old 04-26-2016, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

this what the oil looks like in the can after the car as say for almost 5 days... in 45 to 50 dergee weather
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_2906.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	49353   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_2908.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	49361  

post #14 of 38 Old 04-26-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver bullet View Post
what color would it look like if there was a issue... car has sat for the last 4 days
If there was an issue, the oil woulld look milky.

Forged bottom end. AGP TT, Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock, and much more Built by, FSP, myself, and some a few others, Tuned by FSP and me 800ish whp
post #15 of 38 Old 04-26-2016, 02:46 PM

Sorry, I couldn't get the pictures to load on my phone. That oil in the catch can looks like there is water in it. Check the dipstick, if it looks the same, then you have water in your oil.

post #16 of 38 Old 04-26-2016, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
post #17 of 38 Old 04-26-2016, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

What you see is a mixture of what is evacuated form your crankcase (another reason to NEVER defeat or delete the functions of your PCV system or this remains for the most part in your crankcase contaminating your engine oil, NEVER vent /defeat/delete these critical functions like some systems do) of oil, water, un-burnt fuel, and abrasive soot/carbon/ash particles.

When the outside air temps are below the 70's you will see more of the water and fuel, and below 45*F it will increase dramatically (as long as you have an effective catchcan, most ineffective ones only trap some oil mainly). seems normal from what i have read today
post #18 of 38 Old 04-26-2016, 03:24 PM

That's why I asked you what's your dipstick look like. What's the dipstick look like?

post #19 of 38 Old 04-26-2016, 08:02 PM

I think the catch can looks normal.

If the coolant goes down and the oil goes up you've got a real problem.
post #20 of 38 Old 04-27-2016, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

oil looks fine....i drove the car today.. temp was going from 190 to 194 up and down.. i let it run and idol for a minute and it was at 204.. then the fans kicked in and dropped to 200... seems the overflow tank was low filled it up.. open the raditor cap it was to the top.. after 5 minutes it dropped some after the car was cooling down.. smelled the exguest that was good... did not see any leaks... but if i stick my nose up to the hose in the front of the car by the CAI. its like i can smell the coolent this **** is strong. did not see any leaks on the cardboard under the car... maybe i am fine..............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page