little help - Page 3 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 38 Old 04-27-2016, 01:08 PM

Good news!

Forged bottom end. AGP TT, Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock, and much more Built by, FSP, myself, and some a few others, Tuned by FSP and me 800ish whp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 Old 04-27-2016, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Good news!
thanks for all your help..i have to think i am ok...
post #23 of 38 Old 04-27-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver bullet View Post
thanks for all your help..i have to think i am ok...
From everything you have posted, I'd say your ok for sure. As long as that dipstick looks good, then you have no head gasket issues.

Forged bottom end. AGP TT, Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock, and much more Built by, FSP, myself, and some a few others, Tuned by FSP and me 800ish whp

post #24 of 38 Old 04-27-2016, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

what would the oil dipstick look like..my coolent is redish. also i would think i would see a leak under the car if the head gasket was bad
post #25 of 38 Old 04-27-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver bullet View Post
what would the oil dipstick look like..my coolent is redish. also i would think i would see a leak under the car if the head gasket was bad
It would look like the oil in your catch can. Milky, not black. Check this picture out. If its that color on your dipstick, then you've got water in your oil. And no it will not leak on the ground, it will leak internally, Thats why your oil gets milky, water and oil mixed together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blown headgasket.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	49369  

post #26 of 38 Old 04-27-2016, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

sent you a pm... i cant see the pic there is no link that works
post #27 of 38 Old 04-27-2016, 03:04 PM

Sorry, I'm not sure why I couldn't post a pic. Anyway I sent you an email. Hope that helps, and that its not the color of oil in the pic.

post #28 of 38 Old 05-05-2016, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

hey guys just seen there is coolent at the very bottom of the radiator i cant get to it because the fans are there i was able to feel under the radiator also and it felt wet.. i am hoping it was from the coolent change that was done and its only spillage that has not dried up yet.. i put some heat on it and that is what it smells like after driving the car and parking it..seems like there is know where for it drain or go it just sit on the bottom of the radiator what do you think
post #29 of 38 Old 05-05-2016, 05:32 PM

I vote that you drive your Camaro long and hard two or three times and see what's left.
post #30 of 38 Old 05-05-2016, 05:35 PM

Check your fluid levels (you probably already have) make sure your not loosing coolant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page