little help - Page 4 - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 Old 05-05-2016, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys..can i dump some soapy water down there.. and then drive it maybe to clean it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 05-05-2016, 05:39 PM

That will work, hose it off after you clean it with soap. Make sure you get all that coolant off. It's possible they left the drain cock open a little and that's where your fluid is coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forged bottom end. AGP TT, Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock, and much more Built by, FSP, myself, and some a few others, Tuned by FSP and me 800ish whp
post #33 of 38 Old 05-06-2016, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

hey guys.. i was able to dump some soap and water on the bottom of the radiator wiped the bottom of the radiator as best i can dam fans in the way.. let it sit for a few hours just got back from driving it for 25 minutes with the heat on temp was at a steady 194. all gauges look fine.. pulled it into storge open the door no smell open the hood and did not smell anything.. i have a very faint smell if i stick my head in the bay but nothing like it did before i dumped the soap down there..it is only 50 degess damp and raining on and off here in ny..i have to think the soap and water clean most of it up.. i am sure there is a little more but i cant see it on the driver side.. waiting for a really hot day

post #34 of 38 Old 05-06-2016, 10:53 AM

Good to hear! Glad everything has worked out well for you. Cleaning the antifreeze is a lot cheaper than doing a head gasket. LOL

Forged bottom end. AGP TT, Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock, and much more Built by, FSP, myself, and some a few others, Tuned by FSP and me 800ish whp
post #35 of 38 Old 05-06-2016, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

lol... i was so scared it was a head gasket.. now i always look at my exguest to see if the wet condensation is coolant.. looks like its just normal condensation... thank you for all your help.. just need a really hot hot day to dry it all up. my car drives so good smooth and has some balls on it... now just waiting for the exguest bezels that are getting powerd coated with the mesh on them.. and headlight tint and i am all ready for a wash and wax...
post #36 of 38 Old 05-06-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver bullet View Post
lol... i was so scared it was a head gasket.. now i always look at my exguest to see if the wet condensation is coolant.. looks like its just normal condensation... thank you for all your help.. just need a really hot hot day to dry it all up. my car drives so good smooth and has some balls on it... now just waiting for the exguest bezels that are getting powerd coated with the mesh on them.. and headlight tint and i am all ready for a wash and wax...
I wasn't trying to scare you, and if I did, that was not my intention. When you described everything, it certainly sounded suspect. I am glad everything worked out for you.

post #37 of 38 Old 05-06-2016, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

i know that.. you have been a great help... now i know what would happen if i did have a bad head gasket..........
post #38 of 38 Old 05-15-2016, 07:33 PM

Coolant is one of those things where some people are VERY sensitive to the smell while others are not. And it takes a surprisingly small amount to smell stongly to some people. I wouldn't worry about it. that car needs a good long drive for several hours to burn off the water from the oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page