Transmission - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
V8 Engine Discussion 6.2L LS3/L99 V8 | Exhaust | Ignition | Induction | Intakes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-04-2018, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Transmission

Now it's hard to believe dat i am running to much hp for my transmission in my 2011 camero ss!!
Because the transmission will go into a stall mode, like i hit the gear shifter to neutral. When this happens i be doing around 45 to 50 and want to accelerate to get on freeway. Now when this happens i can hit the brakes and the transmission will kick back in but will not change gears correctly until i shut car off to reset it. I did a diagnostic said my 4th solenoid isn't working properly. Now CHVYMAC ( 5th gen camero) is very heavily modded. Supercharged (whipple) heads,cam race tuned alone wit street slicks.
Now she still moves out , if i bypass that 4th no problem, only when i have to use it. Don't want to be speeding all the time, just some of the time.
Also can avoid the slipping of tranny when i paddle shift. Please respond if anyone else crossed this path!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-11-2018, 05:53 AM

Mine does it in 3rd. The 6L80 is a piece of crap always has been. The 6L90 is no better. I keep waiting for a shop to build a monster 6L80 but hardly anyone wants to touch them anymore if you have big horsepower. I've got a forged 418 Stroker with a Whipple 2.9 supercharger and all the other goodies to go with it. The TCI triple blade torque converter makes a big difference. Sooner or later you're going to have to drop a 4L80e or 4L60 in it. Rodney at RPM would be your best choice and you're looking at between 8 and $10,000 for everything. Or you can keep hoping like I do for someone to build a 6L80 it will guarantee to 1200 horsepower I'd settle for a 1000hp.

Twice forever banned from C5 club and working on a 3rd
No Hope
Ratt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in