Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Has this guy ever used a video camera before?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Videos...

The videos were taken by a kid using a regular camera. I know they are not good videos, but a kid smart enough to get shots of ricers getting spanked and that likes firebirds and camaros you know will grow into a good American.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Worst. Videos. Ever.
Ya, but those aluminum bleachers were fast as hell. Maybe would should ask GM for that as an option:

2SS/RS :rotflmao:

Inferno Orange Accent
21' Midnight Black
Hockey Stripes
Ground Effects Kit
Dale Jr. Grill Insert
Supercharged Billet Aluminum Bleachers
Jinx's Cat Graphic on the Gas cap

Jeez - at least the kid was at a race and not at a rave or on facebook/myspace.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
goddamn, did a hurricane hit right after the cars started going? That was horrible. Camcorders aren't a new thing- they've been around for years. You'd think the guy would know how to follow an object, right?

I can't say I'm surprised. The Challenger is basically a Durango Coupe. It needs a serious weight and size reduction before it can become a real competitor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep...

goddamn, did a hurricane hit right after the cars started going? That was horrible. Camcorders aren't a new thing- they've been around for years. You'd think the guy would know how to follow an object, right?

I can't say I'm surprised. The Challenger is basically a Durango Coupe. It needs a serious weight and size reduction before it can become a real competitor.

I have seen from 13.4 to 14.5 stock times on those RTs.
Stock times for SRTs are rumored to be from 12.8 to 13.6.

A 3860 pound manual SS should only need 325 flywheel HP to hit 13.4,
it will no doubt be an RT smoker even if the base V6 is not.

The LS3 vette at 3285 pounds will run a 12.5 easy stock. That's like with a 350 pound magazine writer that shifts like a mustang driving high school girl in driver's ed in it that thinks he can drive. It has plenty of power to do faster than that stock in good conditions with a decent driver.

I am thinking a manual SS will have enough HP that with good conditions and decent driver it will come close to that 12.5 stock. That means for 31K a bare bones SS will out perform a bare bones 40K challenger SRT.

Sorry dodge, love the fact that you went retro muscle and got your car out there quick, but 4000plus LX platforms are costing you a good .25 secs in the quarter mile compared to the camaro platform, even though that is plenty fatter than it needs to be.

·
Registered
130 Posts
MY Thoughts

Ya, but those aluminum bleachers were fast as hell. Maybe would should ask GM for that as an option:

2SS/RS :rotflmao:

Inferno Orange Accent
21' Midnight Black
Hockey Stripes
Ground Effects Kit
Dale Jr. Grill Insert
Supercharged Billet Aluminum Bleachers
Jinx's Cat Graphic on the Gas cap

Jeez - at least the kid was at a race and not at a rave or on facebook/myspace.
Exactly!!! :)

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
That video was a waste of server space. I just saw the 60 ft., then a few seconds bleachers, a unreadable ET, and a more bleachers.

The camera guy must saw a shiny object and had to chase it.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Great launch from the 4th gen.........crappy launch from the Challenger.....several pieces of dried chewing gum, candy wrappers and approximately 5 Pepsi cups under the bleachers.

Did I miss anything, guys?:confused:

·
Registered
461 Posts
It looked like one of those videos you see on "World Most Shock Home Videos". What we are about to show you is so graphic and horrifying we must worn you before we show it to you....then they start the video of a mudslide and all you see is the ground as the cameraman runs for his life, no real video of the disaster.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i know the 4th gen ss can out run a charger r/t i have seen it done several times...
but that was wow
because... it was stock lol
on the other hand the old 4th gen was pretty freaking quick though

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have seen from 13.4 to 14.5 stock times on those RTs.
Stock times for SRTs are rumored to be from 12.8 to 13.6.

A 3860 pound manual SS should only need 325 flywheel HP to hit 13.4,
it will no doubt be an RT smoker even if the base V6 is not.

The LS3 vette at 3285 pounds will run a 12.5 easy stock. That's like with a 350 pound magazine writer that shifts like a mustang driving high school girl in driver's ed in it that thinks he can drive. It has plenty of power to do faster than that stock in good conditions with a decent driver.

I am thinking a manual SS will have enough HP that with good conditions and decent driver it will come close to that 12.5 stock. That means for 31K a bare bones SS will out perform a bare bones 40K challenger SRT.

Sorry dodge, love the fact that you went retro muscle and got your car out there quick, but 4000plus LX platforms are costing you a good .25 secs in the quarter mile compared to the camaro platform, even though that is plenty fatter than it needs to be.

thats what i think... but people say how the dodge is so superior with its six speed
in reality they are about the same...
the camaro i personally think is underrated because thats a huge rpm gap...
also the new camaro will some what compete with the old one
so they will want it to be able to out run that

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
**** at least the chally beat the neon srt-4,cuz if the chally lost i think dodge needs to just throw in the towel and let the company go under:lol:
but in all honesty the chally needs to visit jenny craig cuz as everyone has stated pretty much besides the video being crappy is that the weight needs to be reduced by i dunno a good 900lbs

1 - 20 of 33 Posts