Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard from a few people that while the 1/7/8s headers will show more gain, they may actually hurt the performance in the 1/4 mile and make less torque in a stock LS3 application?? is this true?? Basically saying that 1/3/4 headers will do better on a stock LS3 than the 1/7/8s+, idk wut to think so i figured id share wut i heard

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Just heard from a few people that while the 1/7/8s headers will show more gain, they may actually hurt the performance in the 1/4 mile and make less torque in a stock LS3 application?? is this true?? Basically saying that 1/3/4 headers will do better on a stock LS3 than the 1/7/8s+, idk wut to think so i figured id share wut i heard
Who told you this? 1-7/8th headers will make a significant amount more hp/tq than 1-3/4 at ALL RPMs. You've got a huge 6.2 liter engine. I wouldn't even consider 1-3/4...unless they were free. Either go 1-7/8ths or 2 inch...or even stepped.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who told you this? 1-7/8th headers will make a significant amount more hp/tq than 1-3/4 at ALL RPMs. You've got a huge 6.2 liter engine. I wouldn't even consider 1-3/4...unless they were free. Either go 1-7/8ths or 2 inch...or even stepped.
a few people were telling me and i was like are u serious lol, these heads flow great numbers! lol

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going with the 1/7/8s!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, good choice...you would have regretted getting the 1-3/4 headers. Did you order them yet or are they still on back order?
Still on back order til mid march it says, if i cant wait that long i might try another brand

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Still on back order til mid march it says, if i cant wait that long i might try another brand
HEH, I'm gonna go out and do a sound clip of my Camaro. And I'm gonna do some highway pulls. It might make you order OBX immediately!! I'll have them up in about 2 hours!! Stay tuned!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HEH, I'm gonna go out and do a sound clip of my Camaro. And I'm gonna do some highway pulls. It might make you order OBX immediately!! I'll have them up in about 2 hours!! Stay tuned!!
how did those sound clips come out??

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have to agree with you on the 1 3/4" headers, just too small for these engines. But, help me out here and correct me if I'm wrong. I read here in one of the many header discussions that the 2" headers were too big for the 6.2 with there stock aspiration. Thus causing too much loss in back pressure and thereby dropping torque and HP. It was also stated that the 2" primaries were better suited for inducted engines with greater flow. ???:confused:???

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to agree with you on the 1 3/4" headers, just too small for these engines. But, help me out here and correct me if I'm wrong. I read here in one of the many header discussions that the 2" headers were too big for the 6.2 with there stock aspiration. Thus causing too much loss in back pressure and thereby dropping torque and HP. It was also stated that the 2" primaries were better suited for inducted engines with greater flow. ???:confused:???
yea this is exactly wut i thought as well..

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
2 inch headers are better for forced induction. And the 1-7/8th headers have been shown to be just as good as the 2 inch headers up to a certain RPM...at that point the 2 inch headers start to make more power. So the 2 inch headers will not hurt performance, it's just that the 1-7/8ths are really good. And the 2 inch headers might give you clearance problems depending on the clearances under the hood. Every car will have some variances that may cause the headers to not fit correctly. If you're considering a supercharger for a future mod, then I'd go with the 2 inch now. Even if you don't get a supercharger it's not like you're gonna lose any performance with them.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whats the HP and Torque numbers from the motor after the tune and headers?? what should i expect??

·
Registered
16 Posts
1 7/8 primaries is probably best application to go with. If you plan on going FI and pushing 600 hp then you may want to start looking at getting 2 in primaries.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1 7/8 is what the shop that did the tuning and such on my car recommends, any bigger and theres a back pressure problem. I push around 700 HP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
All I've got on it for internal motor items are a cam, valve springs, pushrods, LS7 lifters and a trunion upgrade. No pistons, crank, etc items.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 7/8 primaries is probably best application to go with. If you plan on going FI and pushing 600 hp then you may want to start looking at getting 2 in primaries.
1 7/8 is what the shop that did the tuning and such on my car recommends, any bigger and theres a back pressure problem. I push around 700 HP.
yea im def set on the 1/7/8s just want to know wut the numbers are

1 - 20 of 37 Posts