Votes: 3 11.5%
  • slower.... :(

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im curious on what everyone thinks the new camaro (v-8 option) will run stock in the 1/4 mile with some radials. now im not going to break it into auto vs 6 speed. also give a reason on why you voted. wit

im thinking 13.0-13.3 class, due to the LS2 GTO ran lower 13's stock with a good driver and if we get the ls3, the extra 30 HP would def help the average racer to gain a tenth or so...

·
Registered
78 Posts
i would agree...i think it could possibly dip below the 13's tho depending...if its a real good driver they might be able to scrape a 12.9 or 12.8 if there lucky lol

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
well i have seen a few 12.9 bone stock on GTOs. I dont think the car will be AS heavy as a GTO. With that said, Im thinking high-mid 12s with average driver. I like to see 12.5-12.7 with me in the car and 13.1 with burnout bob behind the wheel.

lighter car:
4th gen> 5th gen
5th gen> GTO

·
Registered
78 Posts
well i have seen a few 12.9 bone stock on GTOs. I dont think the car will be AS heavy as a GTO. With that said, Im thinking high-mid 12s with average driver. I like to see 12.5-12.7 with me in the car and 13.1 with burnout bob behind the wheel.

lighter car:
4th gen> 5th gen
5th gen> GTO
i would love to see 12.5-12.7 that would be highly competitive with the newer evo's and sti's coming out that supposedly run 12.5

·
8,984 Posts
I thought about ths awhile before I voted and based m opinion on the 2002 SS.

I have personally seen one with a replacement muffler and K/N filter turn some 12.9s. It was a stick car and I can drive good, sooooooooooo long story longer. Seven years later, that mother had better run real close to these numbers.

I'm out!

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I thought about ths awhile before I voted and based m opinion on the 2002 SS.

I have personally seen one with a replacement muffler and K/N filter turn some 12.9s. It was a stick car and I can drive good, sooooooooooo long story longer. Seven years later, that mother had better run real close to these numbers.

I'm out!
All good points. I would hate to see the 5th be better than previous gens in all catagories except 1/4 times. I like to see at least 2 tenths faster. I will be happy with 12.5.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I think somewhere in the mid-high 12's on street tires

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Its all going to depend on wheel hop and finding the sweet spot to launch it. Our gto is a 6 speed LS2 and I didn't play with it much at the track . the wife was able to pull off low 14 sec passes. Once the car was tuned only, by futral motor sports it now sits in the low 13s.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Well, from my understanding; the new IRS and suspension was designed with addressing wheelhop. I dunno. I think the improved suspension and hopefully deeper fenderwells for future wide wheel/tire upgrade will make a world of difference.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
badass. Im dreaming of the launch with that IRS with drag bag.:fluffy:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I'll vote when you put a "Faster" into the poll.

12.9s on stock LS2 GTOs.
A LS3 equiped car should be at least that fast/faster.
I can see the Top Dog Camaro easily being faster than that.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I predict high 12's with average drivers, good driver should put it lower given the recent escalation in the HP wars.

·
8,984 Posts
I love bench racing!

At least 99% of us are REALISTIC.

·
Registered
455 Posts
... The camaro will hopefully pull a nice 13sec 1/4mile.... that would be perfect....once the camaro comes out i cant wait to see what ford does... what a 600hp mustang? lol

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Mid to high 13s. Sorry guy's. It's heavy and GM isn't going to want it to come anywhere close to the C6 or C7. I don't think 1/4 is as important as how much better it's going to handle on the twisties.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Mid to high 13s. Sorry guy's. It's heavy and GM isn't going to want it to come anywhere close to the C6 or C7. I don't think 1/4 is as important as how much better it's going to handle on the twisties.
Why/how would they make a car slower than a 2005 LS2 GTO. A GTO is capable of 13.2-12.9 (low 13s). The weight is going prolly to be the same and to top it off the LS3 (most likely) has a 35 hp advantage with better suspension to launch off of.

My 260hp (if that) '01 Convertible mustang GT run high 13s all day at Rockingham, NC. Its not light either. A 2007 LS2 is good for mid 12s and i bet a 2008 could do better.

^^see previous post by USA1

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:party::notworthy::party: a GT stang that runs 13's j/p.

had a lil run with a "low 13 sec stang" and owned him so bad that he confessed said he was a 14 sec stang

1 - 20 of 66 Posts