Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
SOLD.... ordered 2....

1 for me and 1 for my cousin (12 years old and has a '68 Camaro!!)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
That's pretty neat, but why do all of these toy camaros have those ridiculous looking oversized wheels on them? :BangHead:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Because the toy makers had to do that to the Mustangs to get them to sell. They don't understand that the Camaro would sell "as is". :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just to let everyone know, these have also been taken down to $35 at the stores too. I am a department manager of toys at walmart and I did the markdown myself today. We have about 30 instock, so I'll be taking one home with me when I go in next.

Sean

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just saw one of those at Walmart for 60 sumth'n. Maybe I need to go back and check if there was a mark down.
The stores have 72 hours to make the markdowns (usual for any price change), but in these last few days of the holidays, things can take a little longer to do. Just a warning though, if you want the red one, get there first. I bought the last red one at our store. That left a bunch of grey ones. Almost from the get go, people were looking for the red one first, then settled on the siver one.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sweet!!
That is gonna look awesome when finished. :)

I've never seen a template for stripes, nor would I really know where to look.
So you're best guess would probably work out. :)

Yeah, it's really just the front nose part where it turns in that will be hard. The rest will be just the straight edge of the tape. I'm going to look at my spray paint options in the next few days.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I've decided to custom paint mine to the stylings of Bumblebee. Here's a prep shot...

Anybody know if I might be able to find a template for the stripe? Otherwise, I'll just wing it.

That's gonna be cool. Do you have any of the Jada die-cast versions? They have the correct stripes. I can send you pictures if you need them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
That's gonna be cool. Do you have any of the Jada die-cast versions? They have the correct stripes. I can send you pictures if you need them.
Yes, I do. The problem I'm having now is finding the right spraypaint. My first can didn't work. I'm going to try actual model paint now. I'll post a picture when I get the yellow on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Sean,

Have you heard about a recall on Jada products? There is a rumor going around about one but I can't find anything to confirm it.

I bought the 1:6th scale Camaro and want to buy another one. Every Walmart in my area is sold out. Do you think Walmart will be getting new shipments soon? If so will they still be $35?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 40 Posts