Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems a bit high to add a SC. does anyone know if the ls9 has a lower static compression?

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
seems a bit high to add a SC. does anyone know if the ls9 has a lower static compression?

Attached to the crankshaft is a set of titanium connecting rods and forged aluminum pistons, which, when combined with the cylinder heads, delivers a 9.1:1 compression ratio. This combination is extremely durable and lightweight, enabling the LS9's high-rpm capability.

here is the link to the answer !!!!!!

http://jalopnik.com/337672/detroit-auto-show-exploding-the-2009-corvette-zr1s-brilliantly-beautiful-ls9-engine

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
yeah, it's a little high...but can be done if you stay conservative with the boost and have a good tune. I'm not an LS motor guru, but you may be able to do some headwork and/or get thicker head gaskets to drop the compression down a bit.

that's a thing of beauty:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
yeah, it's a little high...but can be done if you stay conservative with the boost and have a good tune. I'm not an LS motor guru, but you may be able to do some headwork and/or get thicker head gaskets to drop the compression down a bit.
I agree. With about 5-6 psi and a proper tune, all will be good!:roxor:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the ls9 in the new zr1 is SC making 638 power and im assuming if GM was worried they wouldnt have blown the motor.
^^:screwy:

The LS3 is different from the LS9 in specific areas BECAUSE of the supercharger - for example the LS9 has bigger head bolts, and apparently the pistons have a bigger dish for the lower 9.1:1 compression (thanks Daytona).. so if you think gm just slapped a supercharger on the LS3 (what I think I take your comment to mean) you are wrong. (if not please accept my apologies - but then I still would not know what you meant)

I think the aftermarket will come through for us. Out of the box, the LS3 is an incredible piece of work. It will certainly respond well to even the basic bolt ons like exhaust and CAI. what about a set of 3.70's?? :D

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Im lost when were You talking bout a LS3? I know you said"seems a bit high to add a SC. does anyone know if the ls9 has a lower static compression?"

Thats when i Informed about the Zr1 useing a SC=Blower on the LS9 and it working fine.

Oh this is a LS3 Category Maybe Thats where it came from....

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Im lost when were You talking bout a LS3? I know you said"seems a bit high to add a SC. does anyone know if the ls9 has a lower static compression?"

Thats when i Informed about the Zr1 useing a SC=Blower on the LS9 and it working fine.

Oh this is a LS3 Category Maybe Thats where it came from....
the LS9 is 9.1:1...perfect for boost....the LS3 is 10.7:1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts