Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford says 11,000 customers already have placed orders for the 2011 Ford Mustang -- three times the number of advance orders booked for the last model at this point in its launch.

More...

·
Registered
720 Posts
for some reason that number sounds, dare i say....stretched a bit?...nahhh, ford never stretches number ;)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Not surprised. There have been plenty of people waiting for this power increase in both V6 and V8 forms. They've been rumored for several years.

I am a die-hard Camaro fan, but you'd literally have had your head in the sand to believe the Camaro was just going to walk away in the show rooms. It's going to be an interesting couple of years.

Number one thing that the Camaro is going to need to overcome with the Mustang buyers is negative stigma (redneck, hillbilly, etc). I believe it is doing well to fight this, but there are still plenty of people who feel as though the Mustang is the only thing out there. Websites like moderncamaro need to keep kicking to educate everyone about what a great vehicle the 5th gen Camaro is.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
They don't mention the very likely fact that most of those are for the V-8.

Number one thing that the Camaro is going to need to overcome with the Mustang buyers is negative stigma (redneck, hillbilly, etc).
I don't even have a yard to put the car up on blocks, so I'm incapable of perpetuating that stigma. :D

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Where is my violin ? We knew this would happen and they will probably Sell more cars than Camaro this year OH FREAKING WELL

Its still a mustang I got my Camaro and wouldnt have it any other way :thumbsup:

I put money in my local Economy and sold another Camaro for GM :thumbsup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Not surprised. There have been plenty of people waiting for this power increase in both V6 and V8 forms. They've been rumored for several years.

I am a die-hard Camaro fan, but you'd literally have had your head in the sand to believe the Camaro was just going to walk away in the show rooms. It's going to be an interesting couple of years.

Number one thing that the Camaro is going to need to overcome with the Mustang buyers is negative stigma (redneck, hillbilly, etc). I believe it is doing well to fight this, but there are still plenty of people who feel as though the Mustang is the only thing out there. Websites like moderncamaro need to keep kicking to educate everyone about what a great vehicle the 5th gen Camaro is.
To touch on the moderncamaro comment. In all the years I've had my Mustang, I've never found a website like moderncamaro for Mustangs. There's websites, half the forums have links dating months instead of minutes/hours like on here.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
:black5thburn: is all i have to say

1 - 9 of 9 Posts