Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Well it's not 11 days old, I've had the car for 11 days.)
A bit aggravated today. I found a small dent on my car in the oddest place. The flat area above the left rear wheel, parallel with the road, which I call the shelf. Something had to fall on it or it was purposely done. No paint chip or scratch. :( :angry:

·
Registered
242 Posts
first one is the worst one. Always thought you should just take a hammer to your door the day you buy it and get the first one yourself.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Doing it yourself DOES NOT make it any better, had mine 6 months and backed into something in the dark at midnight that wasn't supposed to be there. I bawled my eyes out for 2 hours, and then for about 2 weeks if anyone mentioned it. That was January 28th, and I am just now getting to the point that I don't get sick to my stomach when I see it. Not fixed yet, insurance deductible makes it so I have to do it out of pocket, kinda hoping someone just hits me.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Sorry to hear about it. Nothing takes the "new" off of a car like the first ding. Karma to the guily party!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Unfortunately it is something you'll have to get used to. Over the course of 3 years I've had 4 small dents appear on my passenger side. Sucks but what can you do?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Try having your car 6 weeks...AND at car wash....an employee doesn't "see" the door open and drives a HUGE Dodge Hemi truck into it.$4K in damages...I cried...an older gentleman waiting for his car....saw my tears and said...."it's only a car"....under my breath I said...."then why the HELL couldn't it have yours"

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nancygrl I lived in NYC when I was going to college at NYU and my car was fine. The first da I went back to NJ someone back into my car in a parking lot :/

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
chapel...I know, but I never do get used to it. I am a car fanatic. I get a new car every
2-3 years and I don't lease because I always say I'm keeping this one. I loved each and every car but always needed a change and everyone of them wound up with some ding and it really bothered me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I went to the dealership and showed the GM the dent. He said maybe an acorn fell on it. Then he said that he'd take care of it at no charge. I was really surprised. Have to bring it in on a Monday morning when his "ding girl" is there. Hoping I can find the time within the next two weeks. Happy, as long as she does a good job! lol

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I went to the dealership and showed the GM the dent. He said maybe an acorn fell on it. Then he said that he'd take care of it at no charge. I was really surprised. Have to bring it in on a Monday morning when his "ding girl" is there. Hoping I can find the time within the next two weeks. Happy, as long as she does a good job! lol
great to hear ... hope its perfect

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Oh...and Sharon....the second part of my story.....Mike picks up his crying girlfriend at car wash. We are driving the mile home. Some teenager who is texting...rear ends my 06 Mustang....NO LIE....it only had $500 in damage...but REALLY?????

1 - 20 of 24 Posts