Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just parked next to a stock 2010 SS. My 2013 is about a inch or more lower than the SS. I'm on stock systension and it looks like the SS is also....any idea why I'm so much lower?

I think it is weird...I have noticed mine sits lower than most other 5th gens.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Yea, when I traded my 2011/LT1/RS my floor jack would fit under sides with no problem. When I brought home my 2013/LT2/RS the floor jack will not fit. It barley fits under the front of the car. So yea its about 1 to 1.5 lnches lower..

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well all the car companies are getting more competitive. A lot of the upgrades that used to be solely in the aftermarket are now on production vehicles. I guess the manufacturers have found a way to cut in on the money the aftermarket would usually get. So I guess cars now come from the factory with lowering kits, lol!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
When Gm upped the HP on the 2012 Camaros they also refined the suspension some. It was part of the refinement from 2011 to the 2012 model year. You will also notice that the windshield is slanted a little more to lower the wind resistance.

·
Banned
258 Posts
There was way too much wheel gap on the V6 10's and 11's. My first mod was lowering mine with some Eibach lowering springs. Last year I installed BCRacing coilovers and love the even lower but better ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts