Modern Camaro Forums banner

13,500 pre-orders!

4K views 31 replies 24 participants last post by  Keepat 
#1 ·
The quantity of pre-ordered Camaros now numbers over 13,500!

:eek: :D

:bowdown:

:5go:

#3 · (Edited)
That is amazing! I hope the Camaro can bring Chevrolet and GM back to good standings financially. Although it is just one car, it is one hell of a car that, in my opinion, could turn around all the bad luck that GM has had.

#15 ·
Hey! I resemble that comment... :angry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#13 ·
Nice!

#17 ·
I wonder what the numbers add up to in $$$$? I was guessing around 3 million $$$ if they go for approximately 25K each, however, since so many are SS then that figure would be substantially higher, but even still, not enough to make much of a dent in the GM future. Just trying to be realistic. First year enthusiasm should garner a lot of sales, let's hope the general can keep that rolling and off some less expensive options to the masses as well. I would guess that the younger set, as Jay Leno said, can't afford the bigger v8 and will opt for the smaller V6 bare bones and max it out as they age. I would guess that down the road, the V6's will be the cash cows. Gotta mooooove along now...:thumbsup:

#23 ·
Ummmmmmmmmm, according to MY math :)lol:), if the average pre-order Camaro is $30K (heavy on the SS orders), and they have 13,500 pre-orders, then that is over $400,000,000 ($400M)! That will make a blip on some CNN or CNBC chart this summer! :thumbsup:

#20 ·
It will be interesting to see how many of these orders will actually be fallowed thru on. I know that my dealership made it very clear that the deposit was fully refundable for any reason and with the way the economy is going I could see a lot of ppl pulling out possibly leaving a lot of preordered cars to sit.

#26 ·
GM has invested far more than that at this point, I think, so legitimate "profits" aren't even on the horizon for now. I remember seeing numbers like about a billion for chassis development (which would be spread over several product families since the chassis is versatile) and about 800 million for the plant in AU and about 700 million for the plant in Oshawa. $400M is a very nice start, however (as long as we don't look too closely at their daily burn rate...)

13,500 pre-sold orders is fantastic!!! Don't get me wrong! But it is just a glimmer of the total vehicle sales GM really needs to see start rolling in.

All I can say is, I'm doing my part to help stimulate the economy! (That's become a favorite question of mine, BTW -- especially for those pesky anarcho-syndicalists I seem to bump into practically every time I turn around...)

#25 ·
yes... but what about the fact that the sales will be spread out over the year? it'll take till september to get all of those delivered?? that's nearly 6 months from march 14, and 400/6 is about 66 million a month... i'd hope they can get the rest of the line moving too... it'll take more than that to get them back on their feet, but it might at least get them back to their knees..

#30 ·
I got your back...hey, shouldn't you update your user name to cruzned@me.com at some point? ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.