1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
A toyota engine in a Chevy. Stupid.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wonder what kind of performance & mileage it gets.

Seems like kind of a big car for that little engine but I'm not up on the new stuff, some of the horsepower numbers surprise me on the new cars.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I wonder what kind of performance & mileage it gets.

Seems like kind of a big car for that little engine but I'm not up on the new stuff, some of the horsepower numbers surprise me on the new cars.
Just like the TT Nissan RB26, the Supra Motor can handle 1600 HP on a stock bottom end, and they're completely reliable. They actually put out ~300hp in stock form.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More info:

EVS Motors is building a 2JZ-GTE powered 1967 Camaro. They hope for 1K HP and there are no shortage of 2JZ Supras running around with this level of power. Other specs include 6 Speed Getrag Manual Transmission, Custom Made High Performance Driveshaft, Currie Rear End, RPS Turbo Clutch, and lots of shinning chrome under the hood.

People have no shortage of opinions about Japanese power in American bodies and vice versa made apparent from the 200 reply posts about this build on the forum. I am sure many of our readers have opinions on this type of swap as well. We welcome your thoughts.

Wow :cool:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think it's awesome, but THANK GAWD they didn't try to put the Supra Taillights on the back.

Actually.... If they inverted them and swapped them left to right and vice versa they might not look soo bad... They already took the soul out of it, may as well take some of its dignity too! :rotflmao:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts