Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bought this car while actually searching for a 2nd gen camaro in the 70 to 72 year models.. passed a local used dealership that had a 75 Camaro but it was in pretty rough shape. Then i walk over to the T/A and it had a 5500 price and it needed quiet a lot of work.. the salesman came out and said take her home today... I told him not for that price.. he then said make him an offer... TOld him i would insult him... he insisted.. so i fired back at him not a penny more than 3k and that include taxes and titles fees... he replied how fast I could have the money... gave him 100 bucks and told him i would be back in 1 hour and have all the papers ready for my signature... made it back in 45 minutes... got it home and started doing a little numbers crunching and found out it was all original numbers matching car. what was going to be a project hot rod build turned into a restoration as close to original as possible... 10 years later this is the complete project.. Pontiac 400 CID engine, with Borg-Warner Super T-10 close ratio trans. has been a fun car to driive and resurect.

[

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got to love those K5 rigs.. I had a 84 K5 Silverado... awesome machine. let it go when filling the 31 gal tank was nearing $100 and it averaged 8mpg

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep, 31 gallon tank and a 250 mile crusing range. But it's fun and it's not my daily driver. My SS gets etter gas mileage, but Blaze is better off-road.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Lovethe bird and the K5. In the 80s I went looking for a bird and came across a gold one but it was a POS. I let them keep it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts