Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of restoring a 1979 Z28. It has a 350 V8, and purrs like a kitten. I want it to roar like my 1999 with the Borla system on it. I've had suggestions of glass packs and Cherry Bombs, straight pipes, etc. I'm all for disturbing the peace with this car. The louder, the better. Suggestions?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'm in the middle of restoring a 1979 Z28. It has a 350 V8, and purrs like a kitten. I want it to roar like my 1999 with the Borla system on it. I've had suggestions of glass packs and Cherry Bombs, straight pipes, etc. I'm all for disturbing the peace with this car. The louder, the better. Suggestions?

glass packs and cherry bombs??? too old school. If you want loud check out single chamber flowmasters. I'm sure there's lots of sound clips on youtube. They are loud, and also have a very mean sound.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
You will want a part# 42451

thats a Classic Original 40 series flowmaster [/B]for 1967 - 1981 Chevrolet Camaro's

that muffler is a 2.50" IN (O) / OUT if you want the inlet or outlet larger a muffler shop can fix that easily !!!!!!

it will sound a little like this depending on your motor....either way it sounds better than a glass pack or cherry bomb :thumbsup:
btw if you want this muffler/mufflers for Hp/torque then run it out the back with exhaust pipe.
IF you want this for mainly sound tell your muffler shop to dump it right after the mufflers or the axle and to point it to the side a little.
by dumping it you will make it a little louder and better sounding in some peoples opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RizJFl0Q368

1 - 4 of 4 Posts