Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
The problem with it is it "only" has 385 rated HP. Hardly anything that raises one's eyebrows today. Plus, I'm betting engine repair parts, should you need them, would be far and few between.

Additionally, that paint scheme is so last decade X 2.

It might be worth 6900, but not 69000 unless someone just likes to collect automotive history and are willing to pay for it.

Just because it's rare, doesn't mean it's collectible or desireable. This one, to me, is neither.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Just because it's rare, doesn't mean it's collectible or desireable. This one, to me, is neither.
Considering its the only Camaro ever built that could outperform a Corvette of the same age, it is collectible. This was built back in the day when the 1LE Camaro was almost as good as the Corvette, but without the Corvette drivetrain. Now you have a Corvette drivetrain in a vehicle that weighs less than a C4 Corvette and can pull more lateral g's than a C4 Corvette.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
if i bought it, i would absolutely have to re-paint it, change the wheels, and redo te interior... other than that it looks awesome!

but i wouldn't spend $70k on a 3rd gen that looked like that regardless of what it is on paper.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
if i bought it, i would absolutely have to re-paint it, change the wheels, and redo te interior... other than that it looks awesome!

but i wouldn't spend $70k on a 3rd gen that looked like that regardless of what it is on paper.
I completely agree. It needs new paint, but the interior to me is fine except for the seats just need new inserts. Repaint it white and put grey inserts on the seats and it'd be a buy for me.

And concerning that Ford 9", it needs to go. Put a GM 12-bolt in there with 3.42's and a Truetrac and it would be perfect.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
gotta love the '80's colors.:eek:

for $70k, he could have done a better job spray-painting the undercarriage.:confused:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
gotta love the '80's colors.:eek:

for $70k, he could have done a better job spray-painting the undercarriage.:confused:

For some reason I think that was how North American Operations Facilities did the paint under the car. After all, the car was previously a mule car that they did salvage from the GM junkyard at Milford.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's been for sale several times. I wouldn't change a thing about it -- it's what makes it unique.
Agreed, thats like modding a 91 Firehawk. There are too few of them around to be modding. And you can BUILD a clone with better performance for less than buying a firehawk. The price and cool factor of the car is what makes it valuable, not its performance. Which is still staggering. Sure, its only 350hp, but the handling is insane. Price was too in 91 and 92.

The TTA despite its status is valuable even in modded form. Thats part of its appeal too. I wouldn't hesitate to mod one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Eh, if that car was availible for 20K I would jump on it. 1990 - 94 ZR-1's can be had for 20 - 35K, why purchase a modified 3rd gen for the same price? If the paint was decent it would be worth 30K, it isnt.

With that said, ZR-1 engines can be modded to out pull most with just cams and a tune. It isnt cheap but not any have the same settup. Still remember a Lingenfelter ZR-1 yarding a Hyabusa in a roll race. Not much can touch a modded NA DOC 5.7....

BTY, I have most of the engine parts that made up the 91 FireHawk on my 87 IROC including the intake. I am having a hard time getting it into the 12's. Once the tune is settled I plan to swap on the HSR that is sitting on the bench to see what the difference is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts