Discussion Starter #1
Getting started on my project.
Plan is to pull out verts 3.8 and drop in SS's LT1
Change verts interior to graphite and black top
Change front clip to 98+
SS hood(maybe or maybe not)
Keep gfx and get a new front on for 98+
Keep RS wing
put on silver 01 SS wheels from my other car ( might choose a diffrent wheel)
Paint vert red.

Here are some pics to start:
Here is the car I'm keeping

Here is the donor car

Starting to strip donor

Fixing broke dash, It wasn't broke until I pulled it out. then It broke into about 5 pieces.:mad: The vert dash was already broke in about 50 pieces
I'm going to try and get it back together and cover it in material.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got a little work done. I get the dash patched up now. Just got to put some vinyl on it.

I got the front end pulled apart and cut out.

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was cleaning it up a bit and couldn't resist taking the valve cover off to take a peak inside. I was told this engine has 8k miles on it. I don't know if this it true, but it looks pretty clean although someone could have changed the oil sooner because its pretty dirty.

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a little more stripping done. Just have the fuel tank and lines left to get out.

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a little more work today. I got the red car out and the green car in.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
thought i'd say it since we got a new smilie that was appropriate! :lol: :clown:

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what are the neighbors saying about all that?:shakefist:
No one has said anything. I try to keep it all in the garage. I have disasembled my race car here and had no complaints. I had one neighbor complain when I get my racecar back together and started it at 9pm. I just had to hear it run after having it apart for so long:D. When I have the cars outside I try not to have them out long anyway. I have 4 Camaros here now, but they are either behind my fence or in my garage. The plan is to only have my race car and the convertible within the next two weeks. I just sold one that I already stripped. One is ready to go the the crusher or sold as a shell and the other is awaiting stripping when my vert goes elsewhere for painting the door jams and engine bay.

·
8,984 Posts
I love it!

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Should be fun. Not many people do much with the RS's. I'd prefer to keep the 96's bumper to keep it accurate, but to each their own.
I wanted the 98+ style, but I'm cheap and wanted to not spend much. I should come out with a running car with 98+ front end, new paint job and a V8 for $0 plus my labor. I may even have some money left for mods after I get done selling the rest of the parts. I have $2000 in the cars and I have already sold $1000 in parts and have lots of parts left.

I love the RS ground effects and wing on a convertible. I don't care to much for that on a coupe or T top car though.

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got a little progress done today. Also I have now sold enough parts to break even on both the donor and the convertible. Now everything else I sell will go toward improvements.

Now whats up with the red paint on the drivers side?

It even came with free hair rollers down in the convertible hole

·
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr
366 Posts
Great project. How about an update?

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great project. How about an update?
I will have an update before long. I need to take some pics, but its in the garage and I need to clean up. I have some work since last pics, but right now I'm working on a project in my back yard. I will probley work more on the Camaro during winter.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got it out of the garage today and gave it a wash. Here are some updated pics of the car. I decided to leave it green, but am still going to have a 98+ front clip.
I put the new interior in and the black top on and the ss wheels on. I will start pulling the engine next.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
Damnit, I want to do that!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts