Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have a question maybe one of you can answer.

I have my gorgeous 2013 1LE but as you might know the tires for the front and the back are the same size even though the rear wheels are larger like the ZL1. The stock tires on my 1LE are 285/35XL/20 all the way around. My question is this.
Whats to keep me from purchasing 305/35XL/20s for the rear? that would be the stock size for the ZL1.
I hope that isn't too confusing.
Please advise???

Sincerely,
Ferocious !!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The 305 would work/fit fine on the rears. They would be about a half inch taller than the 285, but that wouldn't be an issue. It would look good for sure, but I don't know that you'd see much benifit from the 305s handling wise. The 1LE suspension was designed to work with the "square" set up of 285s on all 4 corners. The 305s could throw it off a bit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response,
I see you sport a 13 1LE as well, Congratulations... I love mine ... the reason im intrigued with the 305s is the 285s allow the rim to scratch if I pull to close to a curb,,, something I did once and learned my lesson by having to shell out a cool 70 bucks to repair... im wondering if the 305s will prevent that from happening

·
Registered
27 Posts
My Camaro is not actually a 1LE, I wish it was. It's a 2012 RS/SS. I added an SLP front splitter, ZL1 rockers and grill, reproduction ZL1 wheels and it's lowered an inch. So it kinda looks like a 1LE.

Depending on the tire a 305 might help save the wheel from a light scrape, but it won't prevent it. Some brands/designs offer more protection than others in the bead area.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my 1LE with 315's on the back. It rides smoother...more traction in all weather...throws less rocks...quiet.

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
I won't need it for a while, but will probably do the 305 or 315 rout when I get to that point

1 - 7 of 7 Posts