Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my 2011 IOM Camaro over a year now, and I figured it was time to create my build thread. Here is a list of all the mods I've done to my 1NF3RN0!

Exterior Modifications

- Gloss black Javelin stripes
- IOM painted LED side markers
- 15% window tint
- IOM painted bowties
- Amber Illuminated LED rear bowtie
- IOM painted rear diffuser
- OEM IOM spoiler
- "1NF3RN0" personalized license plate
- IOM painted brake calipers
- OEM RS Headlights
- AAC Fog Light Halos - Amber
- AAC Headlight Light Halos - Amber
- Street Scene Splitter painted IOM
- 22" Boss 334 wheels (Chrome w/ black inserts) wrapped in staggered Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires (265/35/22 on front 295/30/22 on rear)

Interior Modifications

- Amber footwell LED lights
- Amber dome/trunk LED lights
- IOM painted console trim
- IOM painted steering wheel trim
- IOM painted speedometer bezel
- Emblempros Dash Plaque
- Custom Lloyd's Floor Mats
- Curb Alert System

Engine Bay Aesthetic Modifications

- IOM painted fuse box
- IOM painted air box filter cover w/ black painted grooves
- IOM painted engine cooling fan cover w/ black painted grooves
- Custom airbrushed flames on engine cover
- AAC LED Flood Light Pods - White
- Emblempros Engine Bay Bowtie

Performance/Handling Modifications

- Added SS catback exhaust
- Vmax Black Ice-olator LLT V6 heat isolator

I've always liked American muscle cars, so getting this Camaro was a natural progression for me. At the time, I was driving a red Mazda CX-7. I lived in New Orleans, LA at the time I purchased it, which was just after Hurricane Katrina. I needed it for work, since the roads were pretty bad, and I needed something I could haul equipment around in. I moved to New Mexico in January 2011 and with the new job, I didn't need a larger vehicle anymore. One Saturday, I was watching TV, and saw a commercial for the 2011 Camaro. I immediately jumped online and began looking at the Camaros at the local dealership. I saw a IOM 1LT and fell in love at first sight! So the next day, I went to the dealership with a Mazda CX-7 and left with my 1st Camaro :thumbsup: Here's a pic of the car the way it looked the day I got it and a current pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
Yes, very nice! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Looks awsom, who did your paint work?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Very nice!
Thank you!

Yes, very nice! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:
Thank you and you're welcome...more to come!

Sweeeeeeetness thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
Glad you like it, and you're welcome...as I said above, more to come! :thumbsup: I'm trying to move my build thread (bit by bit) from Camaro5 but if you simply can't wait till it gets on here Camaro5 build thread

Looks awsom, who did your paint work?
Guapo, my club's VP (Ivan Price) did most of the work to the car. He's got his own business here in NM, but he also sells car parts online from many different, top notch vendors @ Southwest Speed The javelin stripes are vinyl, and I had a couple guys from the club put them on for me. I try to give guys from the club business instead of using outside people whenever I can. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After seeing all the different mods on CCNM members' cars, I got the itch to make some changes. I decided to begin with some aesthetic upgrades. I sought out some help from fellow members. Big ups to Southwestspeed.net and Ivan for most of the work on my ride!!!! My first mod was amber interior conversion LED's.

Next up was 15% tint from New Mexico Tint. This is a must have in the New Mexico desert!!! The next day, I got amber footwells and IOM painted side markers. I haven't figured out how to take pics of the amber lighting and have it come out right, so no pics of that to show unfortunately. :facepalm: When I figure it out, I'll post those pics for sure!

Here are some pics of the tint and side markers on the car. The side markers are my favorite mod at this point in the build.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next up, gloss black vinyl Javelin stripes! Thanks to Brandon (fellow CCNM member) and his cousin Adam for the beautiful work. :notworthy:

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A set of SS catbacks became available at a price I couldn't refuse...so [email protected] swapped out my stock V6 catback for it! Car sounds meaner already, plus the whole in the rear diffuser is filled in a bit better!!!

My next mods were as follows:

Replace factor rear bowtie with an illuminated rear bowtie painted IOM
IOM painted front bowtie
IOM painted rear diffuser
IOM painted OEM spoiler

This gave a whole new look to the car to go with the new sound. :roxor:

Pics taken at Kirtland AFB Airshow featuring Camaro Club of New Mexico on display! My car in the aerial shot is the 1st one on the left.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So some time goes by while I work to save up money for more mods! In the meantime, I attempt to get a personalized plate from the MVD (Motor Vehicle Department). My first preference is INFERNO of course, but I also had two other choices. Two months go by, so I contact the MVD in Sante Fe and discover there is only 1 person that processes personalized plates in New Mexico! :eek: They inform me at this time INFERNO is taken! :thumbsdown: So, one of my other choices will have to do. I can handle that, but when inquire why I haven't received my plate yet...they tell me they don't have my application or the money order ($17) to pay for the plate!!! :shakefist:

So back to the drawing board with the plate. I go to the post office and purchase another $17 money order and print out my application again. Before leaving the post office, I ask them to trace the first money order. It's only $5, so I figure $5 to find $17...why not! Two more months go by and the plate shows up this time. :D It is my third choice...1NF3RN0, but I'm just ecstatic to get the plate. A week or so goes by and I receive the response from the post office about the first money order. They send me a picture of it, signed with a number...not a name!!! There no way to get my money back!!! :bs: I just wasted another $5. A $17 plate just cost me $39! :angry: Anyway, here's some pics of the plate along with some other pics from a Sunday drive in March near the mountains.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
So my birthday was April 12th, and since I had a CCNM meeting the same night, I decided to clean 1NF3RN0 up extra special. I had recently wax him with Butter Wax, so I didn't need to do that again. I was reading the C5 threads and noticed some members talking about this stuff Turtle Wax makes for tires that is supposed to keep your tires shiny and wet-looking for months. So I figured I'd give it a try!

Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat is pretty awesome stuff, but living here in New Mexico, during sand storm season, really puts this stuff to the test. It does last between washes, but sand gets stuck on your tires and dulls the shine. At $12 a can...I'll be using this stuff sparingly until the sand and wind settle down!

Check out a pic taken by one of my fellow CCNM members with a better eye than me! Thanks Gabe and Lu.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here are a few new pics of 1NF3RN0! Flame on!

Latest mods:

- IOM painted brake calipers
- IOM painted console trim
- IOM painted steering wheel trim
- IOM painted speedometer bezel
- IOM painted fuse box
- IOM painted air box filter cover w/ black painted grooves
- IOM painted engine cooling fan cover w/ black painted grooves
- Custom airbrushed flames on engine cover

Pics courtesy of LV (CCNM Activities Coordinator)

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I've been busy making some major changes. Here's the list up front. Pics to follow...

1. OEM RS Headlights
2. AAC Fog Light Halos - Amber
3. AAC Headlight Light Halos - Amber
4. Vmax Black Ice-olator LLT V6 heat isolator
5. AAC LED Flood Light Pods - White
6. Emblempros Engine Bay Bowtie/Dash Plaque
7. Street Scene Splitter painted IOM
8. Curb Alert System
9. Custom Lloyd's Floor Mats

After a very long wait, and a helpful heads up from Ivan @ Southwestspeed, I was able to score some RS headlights on eBay! So out went the stock halogens! While I was getting these put in, I decided to continue with the light show and got amber AAC halos on the headlights and fogs. Then to light up the engine bay at night, 2 white AAC LED flood light pods were added to the underside of the hood. To add a little extra kick, the Vmax heat isolator was added as well. After seeing the excellent work that Emblempros does, I decided to get one of their custom engine bay bowties and a dash plaque. Next, after debating between CPX foilers and a splitter, I decided to go with a Street Scene splitter. Then for a little extra touch, I got some customized Lloyd's mats.

Everything was rolling well and I was getting excited about putting 1NF3RN0 in his first car show. I went to wash him one day, and while drying him off, I noticed that one of my AAC sidemarkers had gotten some water in it. Not to fret though, because they warranty their work! So I went ahead to the car show without the sidemarkers, and sent them back in for repair. A few days later, they showed up in the mail good as new! Thank you AAC!

If you're wondering why I took pics near a street sign...check out the name...Inferno Trace! This street was found on a Camaro Club of New Mexico weekend trip to Red River, NM where we participated in their annual car show. CCNM won the Best Club Affiliation award! See there is more than just sand in New Mexico!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now on to the pièce de résistance!!! New shoes for your viewing pleasure!!! Out with the old, and in with the new, as they say. Thanks go out to Chris Mora at Discount Tire on Juan Tabo (Albuquerque, NM).

22" Boss 334 - Chrome w/ black inserts wrapped in Pirelli Scorpion Zero tires. These are staggered with 265/35/22 in the front and 295/30/22 in the rear.

:roxor: :bigparty: :cheer: :yay:

Also finally got my AAC sidemarkers put back in.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So I got some really nice pictures taken by a local photographer at three different spots in Albuquerque including some day and night shots. The new wheels are so shiny that the painted calipers reflect off of them in some night pics. Check them out and enjoy! :popcorn:

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Photos continued...

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks Great!!!!!!! I just got my IOM about three weeks ago. Have parts on the way can't wait to start putting them on.
Congratulations! IOM is hot and you won't regret your color choice :D I have some new stuff in store soon. ;)

sick rims man i love them ,they tie perfectly with your car.
Thanks Pierre! I thought so too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts