Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We finally installed our first prduction Cold Air Induction System on a 2010 Camaro SS! This is the same car that baselined 356rwhp two days ago. He came back on friday to install our first cold air induction system. Here is the dyno graph....

First run was bone stock
Second run was LMR Cold Air Induction ONLY
Third run was LMR CAI and TUNE

We got almost the exact same results as our prototype. All test runs were made under the same temperature conditions. Who knows what this thing would make if we let it sit over night and cool off.
If anyone has any questions or would like to place an order, please feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] or just give me a call at the shop.!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7c390BgIE4

·
Registered
131 Posts
First, let me say that the last time I worked on car engines, they still had big Holly carbs, points, condensors, etc.

Though I understand the cold air induction, what is meant by the term "tuning". Is that some sort of chip replacement?

I don't mean to sound ignorant but I am interested.

Thank you for any insight.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Tuning is the recalibration of the ECM or Engine Control Module aka. the cars computer. You readjust everything from spark advance to the A/F ratio, to the transmission shift points.

·
Registered
41 Posts
looks great guys, congrats!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
those are some nice gains for a tune and intake,btw price on the intake
The CAI is going to retail for $399.99. The first fifty orders will get a $50 discount. To get on the list you will have to put down a deposit to hold your spot in line. I think I have 22 already pre ordered. Just give me a call at the shop so I can recieve all your information. Thanks.

I copied and pasted this from another board about our results.....
We have made SEVERAL different dyno runs to finally get to where we are now with our final production. We tested so many different variables it wasnt even funny. Josh worked his ass off to get the right combination. Like I stated in this thread, the car made 356rwhp two days ago, and the first pull at the shop on Friday was 353rwhp. Weather conditions are everything when testing something like this. If the motor is just 10* cooler on one pull our results are worthless. That is why Josh had his heat gun out for every test run we made. On average the LMR prototype CAI gained 12rwhp on our car. On this particular car on this day in the same run conditions it DID pick up 16rwhp.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is this a L99 or LS3? Redline's LS3 dyno came in at 384 rwhp bone stock. I've been out of the game for a while but I wouldn't think that two LS3's would have a difference of 25-30 hp. I could understand something like 5.

Just curious.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this a L99 or LS3? Redline's LS3 dyno came in at 384 rwhp bone stock. I've been out of the game for a while but I wouldn't think that two LS3's would have a difference of 25-30 hp. I could understand something like 5.

Just curious.
EVERY dyno is differnet. Its used for just a tuning tool. You also have to take in consideration the weather outside. The humidity in Houston in the summer is not the best. We have already dyno'd TWO Camaro SS'S. One made 358rwhp stock and this one made 356rwhp on the first day we put it on the rollers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts