Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with my salesman and once again I know more than he does. But he said to let me know that I am at 3000 still:( and that the plant will be closing from June 29th through July 6th. Has anyone else heard that? It is hard to wait when you ordered on October 14th and other have moved up and not seeing mine move! Someday:rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I think plants usually close for a few weeks in the summer to 'retool' for the new model year...but there is no new model year for Camaro's yet....so I'd bet your salesman is wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wouldn't put too much in faith in most salesman. I had one tell me yesterday that all plants were closing for 9 weeks and i know that isn't right. So just have faith the car is very popular and they are going to do all they can to keep making them for us.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You know it is getting really hard to keep the faith. I've been sitting at 3000 since May 6th (ordered OCT 14 and yes I am taking into account the CGM deal) with no hope for movement. Hell, at this rate I will get my car-maybe-just in time to put it in the garage for winter. Yeeeha. Guess I should have gone with the Z06..:lol: END RANT! Sorry just getting a tid bit upset at this point.:mad:

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I think plants usually close for a few weeks in the summer to 'retool' for the new model year...but there is no new model year for Camaro's yet....so I'd bet your salesman is wrong.
Nope, sounds like the annual summer shutdown. GM has been doing that for at least 10 years. It was created as a cost/energy savings measure.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Nope, sounds like the annual summer shutdown. GM has been doing that for at least 10 years. It was created as a cost/energy savings measure.
Yeah I think it's normally for 2 weeks, and I think it will be no more than the normal time frame for Oshawa. Elsewhere, however, it may be the long shutdown that was talked about in the news more than a month ago.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've been stuck at 3000 since 4/8 and my salesman notified me this morning
that as of today i'm now at 3300...perhaps there is hope for those of us who
ordered the CGM...

CGM 2SS/RS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts