Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will be at Maggie Valley for the SSR Rally and GM Truck show this weekend. Leaving ASAP. If you are out that way you can see the truck in person. If anyone is ready for a mid life crisis at a cheap price this is it. Gotta sell due to financial issues at this time.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
I thought they were 380- 390HP?

and hope you sell it :D

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Later years did. They had ls2s in them. Not sure what year it started but I know 05s had the ls2.. Anyway 0k is a very good deal for an 03. G/L on the sale.

your right...wow talk about a jump in HP..

The 2003 and 2004 models used General Motors' Vortec 5300 engine, a 5.3 L 300 hp V8. Performance was not spectacular at 7.7 s to 60 mph (97 km/h) with a 15.9 s/86.4 mph quarter mile run. The 2005 SSR used the 390 hp (291 kW) LS2 V8 also found in the C6 Corvette and Pontiac GTO, and also offered a manual transmission (the six-speed Tremec) for the first time, as an option. For the 2006 model year, the LS2 engine featured minor modifications that boosted its output to 395 hp (automatic transmission) and 400 hp (manual transmission), respectively.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct, after 03, the next ones had the LS2, 400HP engine. Mine is of course the loud and fun 5.3 ltre small block V8. The good side is I can use regular gas and not the required premium of the LS2, so there is a $$$ benefit to the 5.3 litre. Also, the exhaust note is considerably louder on the 03 SSR. It was changed because, get this, people complained about the noise!!! They added baffles to the later models, which are still quite loud, but not as loud as the 03 models. Just got back from doing the tale of the dragon with 150 SSR fanatics and I got to tell ya, we dwarfed the motorcycles sounds when we all headed up the hill in unison. The sound was deafaning!

I currently have six seriously interested buyers so we shall see. I am asking 20K or best offer. I have lovingly cared for this baby more than anything. I also had a friend that is a GM tech at the SSR Maggie Valley Rally put in a new ignition switch which is much improved over the older ones. The earlier switches could not handle all the current and sent mixed signals to the tranny that made you start in 3rd gear instead of first, caused idiot lights to go on for no reason, etc. The new switch made the overall performance remarkably better and the vehicle much more reliable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.