Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

2008 Challenger SRT8 (all 2008 Challengers will be the SRT8)
6.1L "Hemi" V8 ~425hp (exact power numbers not yet released)

Available colors: Black, Silver, Orange... all cars will have hood stripes.

Price: $38,000 (includes $675 destination)

Production for 2008 will be limited, exact number of cars is unknown.

You can order one beginning December 3, 2007.

And the first commercial:

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Here is a little more info:

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS43176+29-Nov-2007+PRN20071129

Dodge Challenger SRT8 available for $37,995

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Nov. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Dodge announced pricing todayfor the modern interpretation of the American muscle coupe. The 2008 DodgeChallenger SRT8(R) will arrive in showrooms next spring at a Manufacturer'sSuggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $37,995 (which includes $675 destination).

Due to unprecedented demand, Dodge dealers will begin taking orders onDec. 3 for the limited-edition 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 models. Each willfeature a numbered dash plaque and a 6.1-liter HEMI(R) V-8 engine. 2008Challenger SRT8 models will be available in Black, Silver and HEMI Orange. Allwill feature dual "carbon-fiber" hood stripes, harkening back to the originalDodge Challenger.

"The 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 offers pure American pony-car muscle,"said James Press, Vice Chairman & President - Chrysler LLC. "With styling thatstays true to Challenger's original heritage, an abundance of modern amenitiesand cutting-edge technology, the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will deliver theSRT credo of benchmark performance at a tremendous value.

"The Challenger SRT8 is only the beginning of the story, as we'll soonfollow with a complete lineup of Challenger models that will offer a widearray of features and deliver outstanding value for our customers," Pressadded.

Customers may begin placing orders at their Dodge dealer on Monday, Dec.3. They can expect to take delivery of their vehicle next spring.

The all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will be built at the ChryslerCanada Assembly Plant in Brampton, Ontario, on the same assembly line with theDodge Charger, Charger SRT8, Magnum, Magnum SRT8, Chrysler 300 and Chrysler300 SRT8 vehicles.

Pricing for the complete all-new Dodge Challenger lineup will be announcedat a later date.

SRT performance vehicles - including the Dodge Viper SRT10, Dodge CaliberSRT4, Dodge Magnum SRT8, Dodge Charger SRT8, Chrysler 300C SRT8, Jeep(R) GrandCherokee SRT8, and now, the Dodge Challenger SRT8 - are engineered byChrysler's in-house performance organization: Street and Racing Technology.

The all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 showcases the renowned, five keyaspects of every SRT vehicle: exterior styling that resonates with the brandimage; race-inspired interiors; world-class ride and handling characteristicsacross a broad range; benchmark braking; and standout powertrain. The all-new2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will unquestionably deliver in all five areas.

Dodge Brand

With a U.S. market share of 6.4 percent, Dodge is Chrysler LLC's best-selling brand and the fifth largest nameplate in the U.S. automotive market.In 2006, Dodge sold more than 1.3 million vehicles in the global market. Inthe highly competitive truck market, Dodge has a 15 percent market share.

Recently, Dodge introduced the all-new 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan with 35new or improved features including the newest innovation, the Swivel 'n Go(TM)seating system. Dodge is entering key European volume segments with Nitro,Caliber and Avenger. The all-new 2009 Dodge Journey will debut in 2008calendar year, and will be available outside North America in both left- andright-hand drive in mid-2008. Also in 2008, Dodge will introduce its modernmuscle car the all-new Dodge

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
It's good thinking. Make the good version right at the start of the launch. Wish GM would do that on more of their models.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
It's good thinking. Make the good version right at the start of the launch. Wish GM would do that on more of their models.
Yeah, but now its a limited production car and I would rather the Camaro not be a limited production vehicle.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I'm think more along the G8 when I made the comment.

GM is bringing the watered down models first. Some options are missing from the Aus and Middle East versions, 6 speeds are already available to the rest of the world, and you only get black interior, cloth or leather in the US. ( A little Henry Fordish). The "flagship" Pontiac is missing a GPX version.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention the colors for the US models are terrible.

I'd wait on the Camaro for a year to possibly get a convertible and a more powerful engine.

·
Registered
742 Posts
nice commercial :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Isn't that the concept in the commercial?

If you can order by December then we should see some more production pics very soon.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I don't get it. Why does the guy laugh? The only reason I would sit at a light laughing, and not race someone like that, would be if someone was trying to race my Corvette on their moped, or just the opposite, if I was in my Grandmother's Buick, and they had a fast car. The commercial makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd love to see the commercial but can't here at work.

Anywho, they aren't coming out with the top of th eline Challenger yet. The Challenger is going to be upgraded with a more powerful engine along with a 6-speed manual.

Right now it has the same SRT engine as the LX's (Magnum, Charger, 300). 425hp with an auto-stick 5 speed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't get it. Why does the guy laugh? The only reason I would sit at a light laughing, and not race someone like that, would be if someone was trying to race my Corvette on their moped, or just the opposite, if I was in my Grandmother's Buick, and they had a fast car. The commercial makes no sense to me.
Because his car is worth $2million+ at Barrett Jackson and he don't need no street racin' to prove he's a badass.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I took it as he knows the guy weighs 2 tons and that his hemi puts out more horses than the new dodges wannabe hemi's. :lol: Nice commercial though.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I figure since the guy laughing is older and the one racing is younger, than maybe he is just remembering how he used to be.
I do agree with the moped statement though :lol: But when I had the 68 I would have even raced the moped. ;)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Because his car is worth $2million+ at Barrett Jackson and he don't need no street racin' to prove he's a badass. :cool:
I wonder if this will improve or hurt the value of the originals since it is a production car again.
Like with me, I quit looking for a 67-68 to fix up once I realized I would be better off getting the 2010 in 09. Plus I wont be fighting with the wife on restoration costs.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Makes me wanna edit the video so as soon as the new chally goes into the intersection a Petrbuilt t-bones it to off camera; then video resumes with the same guy laughing. Maybe that was the original version, lol.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Makes me wanna edit the video so as soon as the new chally goes into the intersection a Petrbuilt t-bones it to off camera; then video resumes with the same guy laughing. Maybe that was the original version, lol.
I was wanting to edit the video. Do you know how to download and convert youtube videos?

I tried several websites, but none of them worked so I gave up.

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts