Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Base model Challenger to cost $21,995

BIRMINGHAM -- Chrysler LLC announced this morning that the base-model of its retro-styled muscle car, the Dodge Challenger, will start at $21,995.

More...

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
cool. now everyone will hopefully stop crying that the Camaro will be priced to high. it seems that all the pony cars are gonna have similar pricing. Camaro will just beat the others in the same ways it always has ;)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
This will definitely steal a few 'Stang Customers from ford, huh? Regardless of price, I'm still Loyal to the Camaro, plus-from all the photoshops I've seen, Camaro looks great in any color. You can't say that about the other two!
Regardless, I wish Chrysler luck, because their quality right now, like sucks and they really need help to prevent their downfall (Muahahahaha!!!!)

So Chrysler/Ford, grab as many customers as you can before the Camaro, because it's gonna have people kicking down doors!:roxor:

[Source: Chrysler]

PRESS RELEASE

Pricing for All-new 2009 Dodge Challenger to Start in Low $20s

* Three flavors: Dodge Challenger SE, Dodge Challenger R/T and Dodge Challenger SRT8®
* All-new five-passenger, two-door coupe available for under $22,000
* Available 5.7-liter HEMI® with five-speed automatic transmission for under $30,000
* Dodge dealerships now taking orders for the 2009 Dodge Challenger

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jun 9, 2008 - Dodge announced pricing today for the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger. The U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) will start at $21,995, which includes $675 for destination. Dodge dealers across the country are now taking orders for the 2009 Dodge Challenger, which will arrive this fall.

"The all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger gives customers a modern-day muscle machine at an incredible value," said Mike Accavitti, Director – Dodge Brand and SRT Global Marketing, Chrysler LLC. "For less than $22,000, we've brought Dodge Challenger back and loaded it with head-snapping styling and cutting-edge technology."

The Dodge Challenger is the first five-passenger two-door coupe produced from the Company's proven rear-wheel-drive platform that delivers the Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300. Developed with Dodge's credo of "bold, powerful and capable," the 2009 Dodge Challenger is available in three models featuring head-turning styling, three available engine options and an automatic or manual transmission.

:eureka: Maybe the base model price jump to the R/T is to slot in the Convertibles next Year!

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
It's a great starting price, I'll give them that much!
But the jump in pricing from one model to the next is a bit much....

Challenger SE: $21,995
Challenger R/T: $29,995
Challenger SRT8: $39,995 (plus $2100 gas guzzler tax)

It starts out affordable, but gets expensive in a hurry!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Challenger pricing to start at less than $22,000:

Dodge's remake of its 1970s muscle coupe, the Challenger, will start at less than $22,000 when the 2009 model arrives in showrooms this fall.

More...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Octane, I hate to throw this out there and call you wrong, but the pre-order slips I was looking at for some of the ordered 09 R/T's are, at max, 27,880 with a 350$ destination. Price jump isn't THAT bad for adding the following UP from the SE: Full leather seating, standard 6 speaker sound system, 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic, 18" Chrome wheels, and obviously, a V8.

EDIT: Employee pricing, lol. They only saved 2k. Kinda blows.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Meh, I've never been a big fan of the Challenger. I'm not too impressed.

Besides, with the way fuel is going, I can't afford TWO gas guzzlers, and I'm definately sporting my Camaro.

·
Registered
71 Posts
By what I have read in the latest Motor Trend magazine an older guy wrote in to the editor talking about going to buy a Challenger when it comes out and he was told that since Dodge is only making 10k units this year, that they will be marking it up another $20k... which then proves to me how much more the Camaro sounds like a deal.... expecially since the most they got out of that SRT8 is 425hp.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
By what I have read in the latest Motor Trend magazine an older guy wrote in to the editor talking about going to buy a Challenger when it comes out and he was told that since Dodge is only making 10k units this year, that they will be marking it up another $20k... which then proves to me how much more the Camaro sounds like a deal.... expecially since the most they got out of that SRT8 is 425hp.
Since no dealers will be marking the Camaro up or anything...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm not into the Challenger either but I'm pretty excited to hear they're taking orders for it now cause its making me feel Camaro coming right around the corner!

·
Registered
318 Posts
This is good news for camaro lovers as far as I am concerned. 21 and 29k aren't bad and if the prices remain in that area that will require GM to stay competitive with its pricing. If I can get approx 400 hp V8 Camaro around the 29-30k mark...ill be a happy camper

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
This is good news for camaro lovers as far as I am concerned. 21 and 29k aren't bad and if the prices remain in that area that will require GM to stay competitive with its pricing. If I can get approx 400 hp V8 Camaro around the 29-30k mark...ill be a happy camper
I agree. That's less than a 400hp GTO was 2 years ago.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts