Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As cited in the Toronto auto show tribune, the Chevrolet Traverse will feature a 3.6L V6 engine with VVT and direct injection. The other Lambda-based vehicles will get this powertrain update in the 2009 model year. A 6-speed automatic transmission will give power to front or all wheels

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-traverse.html

http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/february2008/trav-2.jpg

Although the Traverse shares its underpinnings with other GM Lambda CUVs, the Traverse actually utilizes a slightly different drivetrain. Whereas the other Lambdas uses a 3.6L V6 with MPFI, the Traverse uses a 3.6L V6 with direct-injection — upping both output and fuel economy. The Traverse is rated at 286 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque — 281 horsepower and 253 lb-ft of torque with a single-exhaust setup — up from the Lambda norm of 275 horsepower and 251 lb-ft of torque.

· Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I love that thing

· Registered
620 Posts
Great just what we need another crossover/suv, sorry but here in south florida it is annoying. every mommy and daddie has one of these two class of car. if i have to see one more suv mommie driving i may be forced to put the cell phone some place not so nice.

· Registered
1,054 Posts
Minivans are bad enough, and it seems they are now being replaced with the "cross-over" vehicle, like this Traverse. IMO, the "car" looks okay, but I really think these type of vehicles are all starting to look the same. Let's call these things what they really are...a station wagon that needs a diet. I suppose they serve a purpose, but you will never see one in my garage.

· Registered
10,420 Posts
Minivans are bad enough, and it seems they are now being replaced with the "cross-over" vehicle, like this Traverse. IMO, the "car" looks okay, but I really think these type of vehicles are all starting to look the same. Let's call these things what they really are...a station wagon that needs a diet. I suppose they serve a purpose, but you will never see one in my garage.
There is a reason why all the GM ones look the same. Because they are all pretty much the same. :D

· Premium Member
2,717 Posts
For the segment it's in it looks good and should do well. If I was in the market for such a vehicle I would get it in a heartbeat (no pun intended).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.