Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As cited in the Toronto auto show tribune, the Chevrolet Traverse will feature a 3.6L V6 engine with VVT and direct injection. The other Lambda-based vehicles will get this powertrain update in the 2009 model year. A 6-speed automatic transmission will give power to front or all wheels

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-traverse.html

http://images.leftlanenews.com/content/february2008/trav-2.jpg

Although the Traverse shares its underpinnings with other GM Lambda CUVs, the Traverse actually utilizes a slightly different drivetrain. Whereas the other Lambdas uses a 3.6L V6 with MPFI, the Traverse uses a 3.6L V6 with direct-injection — upping both output and fuel economy. The Traverse is rated at 286 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque — 281 horsepower and 253 lb-ft of torque with a single-exhaust setup — up from the Lambda norm of 275 horsepower and 251 lb-ft of torque.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
I love that thing

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
2009 Chevrolet Traverse unveiled in Chicago

The 2009 Chevrolet Traverse will boost sales for Chevrolet and General Motors when the midsize crossover goes on sale this fall, said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager at the vehicle's unveiling this morning at the Chicago Auto Show .

More...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Great just what we need another crossover/suv, sorry but here in south florida it is annoying. every mommy and daddie has one of these two class of car. if i have to see one more suv mommie driving i may be forced to put the cell phone some place not so nice.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I love it. Considering the reviews of the Malibu and Acadia so far, I wouldn't be surprised if dealers are going to have a hell of a time keeping this thing in stock. :roxor:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Minivans are bad enough, and it seems they are now being replaced with the "cross-over" vehicle, like this Traverse. IMO, the "car" looks okay, but I really think these type of vehicles are all starting to look the same. Let's call these things what they really are...a station wagon that needs a diet. I suppose they serve a purpose, but you will never see one in my garage.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Minivans are bad enough, and it seems they are now being replaced with the "cross-over" vehicle, like this Traverse. IMO, the "car" looks okay, but I really think these type of vehicles are all starting to look the same. Let's call these things what they really are...a station wagon that needs a diet. I suppose they serve a purpose, but you will never see one in my garage.
There is a reason why all the GM ones look the same. Because they are all pretty much the same. :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
For the segment it's in it looks good and should do well. If I was in the market for such a vehicle I would get it in a heartbeat (no pun intended).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts